× Members

ESA suspended

More
8 years 2 months ago #150852 by Harpreet
ESA suspended was created by Harpreet
Hi All. It's the first time I'm posting here . I'm on contributions based ESA in the support group and I beleive its topped up with IR.

I've received a letter from ESA changes asking for my partners employment and pay details . We made them aware my partner is employed at one of the interviews at the job seeker . When I called them they advised my claim has been suspended until this information has been received in writing .

Can anyone advise as to why they've suspended the claim ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150930 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA suspended

Harpreet wrote: Hi All. It's the first time I'm posting here . I'm on contributions based ESA in the support group and I beleive its topped up with IR.

I've received a letter from ESA changes asking for my partners employment and pay details . We made them aware my partner is employed at one of the interviews at the job seeker . When I called them they advised my claim has been suspended until this information has been received in writing .

Can anyone advise as to why they've suspended the claim ?

There are two issues which would effect any ESA(IR) that you are receiving as a result of your wife working.

If she is working 24 or more hours a week then you have no entitlement to any ESA(IR) payments.

Any income she receives will be deducted £ for £ from your ESA(IR) payments.

So the suspension is to prevent any overpayment of your ESA.

You don't say how long you have been receiving an ESA(IR) top up and how long your wife has been working.

If her working is a recent thing and you told the DWP immediately then it should not be an issue, although they may recover any payments that were made while she was. ESA is paid fortnightly in arrears.

If she has been working longer and you did not inform the DWP then it is quite possible that they will recover all of the overpayment and there may be additional penalties for failing to notify them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.