× Members

pip for an amputee

More
8 years 2 months ago #150854 by Pauline
pip for an amputee was created by Pauline
I am an above amputee who is on the understanding that I will lose my mobility car under the new rules with PIP. I work an the car is my only means of being able to get into work each day. I also have to wear a brace on my other leg due to further problems with my right knee that keeps giving way.

I only had a medical in October 2012 and was awarded an indefinite award for middle care and the higher award for mobility.

Could someone give me some advise on how to place a claim through without having to appeal otherwise I would have to give up my working life with helps me manage to be able to get about,

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #150874 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip for an amputee

Pauline wrote: I am an above amputee who is on the understanding that I will lose my mobility car under the new rules with PIP. I work an the car is my only means of being able to get into work each day. I also have to wear a brace on my other leg due to further problems with my right knee that keeps giving way.

I only had a medical in October 2012 and was awarded an indefinite award for middle care and the higher award for mobility.

Could someone give me some advise on how to place a claim through without having to appeal otherwise I would have to give up my working life with helps me manage to be able to get about,

Regards

Hi P,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Yes, I am afraid many current DLA recipients have such concerns !!! :(

Do not assume that you will lose your current DLA High Rate Mobility Award on transfer to PIP, as it by no means a foregone conclusion that you will !

You do not have to instigate your transfer to PIP, when your time comes, you will receive an "Invite" through the post.

This could occur any time over the next 2-3 year period if you were under 65 years old on 08/04/13, irrespective of whether you have an Indefinite DLA Award.

My best advice would be to read through the information from the blue links below, then come back to us by replying to this topic if you have any further PIP related queries :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You can also find information on Motability's PIP Transitional Support Package : Here !

Hopefully, the Motability information above will be superfluous ! :)

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.