× Members

Benefit Cap

• mumofboys
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150864 by mumofboys
Benefit Cap was created by mumofboys
Hello,

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I am currently in receipt of ESA (WRAG) and am already subject to the last benefit cap, but last year the government said a new cap of 20K a year would be coming in for 2016. I have 4 children and this would mean we lose 6K a year, so I am extremely worried about this.

However I am confused as to when it is supposed to come in, as I have found lots of articles dated last July that say it would be April 2016, but other more recent ones that say either Autumn 2016 or April 2017.

Could anyone here please clarify when it is going to happen?

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150881 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Benefit Cap

mumofboys wrote: Hello,

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I am currently in receipt of ESA (WRAG) and am already subject to the last benefit cap, but last year the government said a new cap of 20K a year would be coming in for 2016. I have 4 children and this would mean we lose 6K a year, so I am extremely worried about this.

However I am confused as to when it is supposed to come in, as I have found lots of articles dated last July that say it would be April 2016, but other more recent ones that say either Autumn 2016 or April 2017.

Could anyone here please clarify when it is going to happen?

Thank you

Hi mob's,

As you may know, The Benefit Cap is not something that we advise on !

However, the Reduced Benefit Cap comes into force from April 2016 !

"From April 2016

New legislation will allow the the Secretary of State to review the household benefit cap each year. Once passed the intention is to impose a cap reduction to £20,000 (£13,400 single rate) and £23,000 in London (£15,410 single rate) from April 2016. See Summer Budget 2015 page and Welfare Reform and Work Bill."

There is more information regarding this from the links on : This Page

If you are affected by this, you have my sympathy, it is truly draconian for families with children ! :(

I will now lock this topic to stop it turning into a discussion.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.