× Members

Here again

More
8 years 2 months ago #150942 by Maria
Here again was created by Maria
I am in the SP since 2014 and getting a new form to deal with, so far all symptoms are the same (few differences) .
I saw the neurologist and his diagnostic was high anxiety and depression plus vertigo, mild hearing loss and migraine.
I am on high dosis of pain killers for Fibromialgya since almost 5years.( does affect my concentration and capability to walk) also I have Cervical and Thoracic Spondylitis.( I must tell you guys, I am living in a 80 years old lady body and my real age is only 50 :sick: )

Basically what I wanted to know is if I need to apply for mental illness or if is only a physical issue.
Thanks ever so much for all your.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150946 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Here again
Hi Maria

I am assuming you are referring to the support group? You're not very clear in your mail, sorry.

From what you say, it would appear that you should be addressing all the questions with regard to both physical and mental health.

You need to explain how each different problem impacts on your day to day living - give examples, and explain how often each issue arises - for example, if you have pain every day, or if you only have pain when you have been very active.

You need to explain how the medication you are taking affects you; whether it controls the pain or just masks it temporarily, and any other effects the meds have on you. How the vertigo affects you. etc.

What effects the spondylitis has on your physical ability to carry out various tasks -look through the guides and read carefully the descriptors that you feel refer to you; don't just tick boxes, give an explanation every time .The more detailed your answers, the better your chances.

Good luck.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150947 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Here again
Sorry about that, yes I mean SG
Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #150953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Here again

Maria wrote: Sorry about that, yes I mean SG
Thanks

Questions 1-10 on the ESA50 are for physical issues and 11-17 for mental health problems, you should also have a look at qualifying under Exceptional Circumstances, everything is explained in the ESA Claim guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.