× Members

ESA Medical Assessment

• sally
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150940 by sally
ESA Medical Assessment was created by sally
I had esa from Sept 2014 believe it or not I got called for assessment in oct15 when all I was getting was stanp paid and sent home as had to see Dr. I had my Dr assessment on feb 2016. I constantly rang and rang and rang. No money and no luck yet. Have not received reply yet. It has to be one of the longest ever!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sally
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150941 by sally
Replied by sally on topic Re:ESA Medical Assessment
No I've had my 52 wks and 6 months later my assessment

More
8 years 2 months ago #150951 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical Assessment

sally wrote: I had esa from Sept 2014 believe it or not I got called for assessment in oct15 when all I was getting was stanp paid and sent home as had to see Dr. I had my Dr assessment on feb 2016. I constantly rang and rang and rang. No money and no luck yet. Have not received reply yet. It has to be one of the longest ever!!!

I have moved your post to it's own topic, you had replied to a six year old topic.

Your close but we are aware of members who have waited longer for an ESA assessment, it normally takes a couple of weeks for a Decision to be made.

On the assumption that your Contribution Based ESA has been time limited.

If you are placed in the WRAG then you will receive back payment of the WRAG component from the beginning of week 14 of your claim until day 365, but no on-going payments.

If you are placed in the Support Group then you will receive back payment of the SG rate from the beginning of week 14 up to the date of the Decision and on-going payments from then on.

Have you checked whether you are eligible for Income Related? ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are then even if you are placed in the WRAG you should receive full back payments and ongoing payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.