× Members

Back dated benefits

More
8 years 2 months ago #150954 by lancashire-lass
Back dated benefits was created by lancashire-lass
At the moment I get PIP Daily Living at the standard rate which was awarded in October 2014 after waiting 29 weeks for my medical assessment under ATOS.
On 5th March 2015 I phoned DWP to inform them of my worsening medical condition, and was informed that an "Unplanned Intervention" pack would be sent out for me to complete.
Long long story - but I eventually received the claim pack on 25th August 2015 and returned the completed forms on 03rd September
On December 14th I was informed that my “claim had fallen through the cracks” and my claim would be forwarded to the assessors marked as urgent. And assured that it would be a paper assessment due to the amount of evidence I had provided.
I have just received my appointment for a full ATOS medical assessment on Thursday 25th February.
So my question is - 51 weeks from initial reporting of my worsening medical condition to hopefully getting a PIP award - are the awards back-dated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150955 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Back dated benefits

lancashire-lass wrote: At the moment I get PIP Daily Living at the standard rate which was awarded in October 2014 after waiting 29 weeks for my medical assessment under ATOS.
On 5th March 2015 I phoned DWP to inform them of my worsening medical condition, and was informed that an "Unplanned Intervention" pack would be sent out for me to complete.
Long long story - but I eventually received the claim pack on 25th August 2015 and returned the completed forms on 03rd September
On December 14th I was informed that my “claim had fallen through the cracks” and my claim would be forwarded to the assessors marked as urgent. And assured that it would be a paper assessment due to the amount of evidence I had provided.
I have just received my appointment for a full ATOS medical assessment on Thursday 25th February.
So my question is - 51 weeks from initial reporting of my worsening medical condition to hopefully getting a PIP award - are the awards back-dated?

If the assessment results in an increased award then it should be backdated to the date that you informed the DWP that your conditions had deteriorated, it would have been better if you had made the notification in writing but given that a new form was issued this should not be an issue that you phoned them about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lancashire-lass

More
8 years 2 months ago #150956 by lancashire-lass
Replied by lancashire-lass on topic Back dated benefits
Would it be worth complaining about the length of time this has dragged on? Or would I be asking for problems?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Back dated benefits

lancashire-lass wrote: Would it be worth complaining about the length of time this has dragged on? Or would I be asking for problems?

I don't think it will cause any problems but as the process has finished yet and there is opportunity for further delay, you might want to wait for it to complete so any complaint can encompass all of the problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150959 by lancashire-lass
Replied by lancashire-lass on topic Back dated benefits
Thank you very much for your advise - I did think that complaining before I have had my assessment and got my decision might be getting a bit giddy.
I've waited so long for this appointment that a few more weeks won't make that much difference.
Thanks again :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.