× Members

Confusing text message

More
8 years 2 months ago #150963 by quartz
Confusing text message was created by quartz
I got a very confusing text message today, which reads (exact wording):

[Placeholder], we're holding a meeting tomorrow [Placeholder] at [Placeholder] in [Placeholder] Jobcentre to complete your Universal Creit claim. I also want to discuss how I can find work?increase your earnings. You risk having to claim again, and delaying getting your firstpayment, if you don't come to our meeting with the things you've been asked to bring e.g 'proof of id'. call us now on 0345 6000 708 if you can't make it.

The number they gave was in fact the wrong one, so I was given another, which again was the wrong one, but he told me that I have no choice in the matter & that I will be going on the Universal Credit, finally after a very stressful time, I got through to the right dept , which is in fact the first number I rang, she told me to disregard the text & that I will not be going onto Universal Credit.
I dearly hope that the peron who sent these texts will be reprimanded for sending them to the very people who can do without the stress & worry. As it is I am on ESA and am due to have the medical in two days which I'm also stressed about at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150977 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confusing text message
Quartz

Welcome to the forum.

They certainly gave you the run around, I'm glad you were able to sort it out. I'm guessing that someone has mistyped someone else's mobile number.

You can make a complaint if you wish.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.