× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 11 months ago #160621 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
OK, so I'm going to put my name and signature on the final page and the date, is that right? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160642 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: OK, so I'm going to put my name and signature on the final page and the date, is that right? Thanks!

Yes that's fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #160707 by Orangeblossom
I have sent it and it has been received by the appeals people today.

So I suppose this will go to DWP as well, it gets copied to them too?

Is there any chance they could change the decision at this stage before the appeal? I suppose that is unlikely.

It's the first time I've had to do anything like this. Always had home visits or paper assessments in the past.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160715 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: I have sent it and it has been received by the appeals people today.

So I suppose this will go to DWP as well, it gets copied to them too?

Is there any chance they could change the decision at this stage before the appeal? I suppose that is unlikely.

It's the first time I've had to do anything like this. Always had home visits or paper assessments in the past.

Yes, everybody gets copied with everything.

It is possible that the DWP will revise their Decision in your favour, another member has just reported that they had this happen to them, however, the DWP may still not offer you the award you want. If they do revise the Decision then typically it is the week before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #160747 by Orangeblossom
Ok, thanks. Basically, I am one point off standard rate and can see a mistake that has been made which is evidenced in my care plan (on the therapy) however even if they did offer standard I would probably still appeal for the enhanced rate I had previously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 10 months ago #161345 by Orangeblossom
Well, I hope my appeal bundle today, and I'm very worried. They are saying lies, like really big ones. They say they have given me a face to face, but they haven't, the only one I had was the one in 2014. They are saying there is no mention of the therapy I need to do at home. Also, they are using something my surgeon said about my mental health, but he isn't even a medic.

No sure what to do now. I think I need to see my rep. Has anyone had anything like this before? I haven't looked in it further, but scared they are making up a F2F!

I also got a copy of my appeal submission which I sent to the appeals. I think they must have crossed in the post. I was too impatient to wait for the appeals bundle, but you are right I should have.

However I think I might have covered some of this, as I made it clear this was a paper assessment, and referred them to the care plan etc.

There is no mention of nutrition, which was a key thing and point taken off me.

Won't all this just make them look incompetent?

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.