× Members

Pip Journey

More
8 years 2 months ago #149773 by Suki
Pip Journey was created by Suki
Hi, I am DLA currently moving to PIP and I am so worried at the moment I have just sent my PIP application back and enclosed medical evidence and am waiting to be informed of f2f appointment. Last year after the death of my closest friend my husband and I went abroad we have not been on holiday for over 15 years as it is too much planning and hassle with my mobility issues,but I was determined as her death had brought home to me that life is short. I used a wheelchair and my stick for mobility and to get onto plane and we hired mobility scooter for the week, there were other people there with wheelchairs as well,it was still too much for me and I will never go again. I did not notify DWP as we were only away one week,do they ask about holidays in assessment or just cover supermarkets,and typical day and your application form containing illnesses descriptors and medication.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149783 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip Journey
Hi Suki

I really wouldn't worry about your last year's holiday. The face to face is to discuss your day to day issues and how your life is affected by your illness. So long as you have answered their questions fully and supplied them with supportive evidence from your GP/consultant (if that's applicable) that's all they are interested in.

Everyone is entitled to a holiday!! and as far as I know, you don't have to inform the DWP if you are going away. Please don't worry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suki

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151227 by Suki
Replied by Suki on topic Pip Journey
Hi, I have been reading peoples comments on here regarding their experiences with Pip,

I am currently in the process of transferring from indefinite high mobility, low care DLA to Pip.

I am in Wales so will be assessed by Capita although contrary to popular opinion I I found ATOS medicals fair in their numerous assessments of me over the years.

My application process began by DWP asking me to apply by phone for Pip as my DLA award would be ending soon.rang and gave details on phone and on January 7th, received Pip pack ,sent it back with evidence by February 7th and did not say I could not attend interview with a supporting Doctors letter ,said I could attend interview if there was a lift for my scooter.

Received a letter acknowledging receipt and informing me they would contact me soon. Informed by letter this morning February 18 th I am having a home assessment on 3rd March.After reading all the comments on here I find this very quick and dare I say it efficient as it does not seem to be the norm and I have no experience on dealing with Capita only ATOS.

I now have to undergo the assessment and I am wondering if I will have similar horrendous experiences to other people or not.I I will keep you posted on the assessment and outcome to see if I am one of the casualties of the transfer from DLA to Pip.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago #151247 by
Replied by on topic Pip Journey

Suki wrote: Hi, I have been reading peoples comments on here regarding their experiences with Pip,

I am currently in the process of transferring from indefinite high mobility, low care DLA to Pip.

I am in Wales so will be assessed by Capita although contrary to popular opinion I I found ATOS medicals fair in their numerous assessments of me over the years.

My application process began by DWP asking me to apply by phone for Pip as my DLA award would be ending soon.rang and gave details on phone and on January 7th, received Pip pack ,sent it back with evidence by February 7th and did not say I could not attend interview with a supporting Doctors letter ,said I could attend interview if there was a lift for my scooter.

Received a letter acknowledging receipt and informing me they would contact me soon. Informed by letter this morning February 18 th I am having a home assessment on 3rd March.After reading all the comments on here I find this very quick and dare I say it efficient as it does not seem to be the norm and I have no experience on dealing with Capita only ATOS.

I now have to undergo the assessment and I am wondering if I will have similar horrendous experiences to other people or not.I I will keep you posted on the assessment and outcome to see if I am one of the casualties of the transfer from DLA to Pip.

Hi S,

Can you please post any future posts with spaced paragraphs as the one solid block of text that you posted was near impossible to read before I edited it !

As you can see, I have merged your PIP query of today with your previous PIP topic for continuity.

Can you please post any further posts related to PIP here !

The links below may help you find your way around the site and also include useful PIP information :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

I am afraid that The PIP Assessment System and how you are treated within it is pure "pot luck" !!

Capita do tend to carry out more Home Assessments than ATOS, although they do not do so as a matter of course.

It may well be that after reading your PIP 2 Form, they have decided that your limitations restrict your ability to travel to an Assessment Centre.

If so, you should look on this as a positive.

You can read what to expect at a PIP Face To Face from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page) if you haven't already done so !

You could also read through the latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015 and gives guidance on how the Assessor should carry out the PIP Assessment.

You can choose the room where you wish the Assessment to take place, and the Assessor should not want to look around your home.

You may of course want to point out any Aids or Adaptations that you need to use to carry out any Activities that may be in another room.

You can have someone else present, and they can take notes.

A quick "heads up", Capita Assessors can turn up early, or not turn up at all !

Other members are most welcome to relate their own experiences with Home Assessments ! :)

Please do keep us updated, and Good luck :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151260 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic Pip Journey
Dear Bro 58

I am worried for your health with all this 'keep your queries to one post' stuff!

Why don't you go on strike? You deserve a break!

Best wishes

Vivienne

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151269 by
Replied by on topic Pip Journey

vivi wrote: Dear Bro 58

I am worried for your health with all this 'keep your queries to one post' stuff!

Why don't you go on strike? You deserve a break!

Best wishes

Vivienne

Hi v,

Thanks for your concern !!! :laugh:

I do not believe that "volunteers" who offer their time freely can "go on strike" !!!! :)

With my constant "nagging" Members will eventually get the message, "Or Else" !!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

We need to have "campaigns" like this periodically when things are getting out of hand, so it's "par for the course"

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.