× Members

Pip Journey

More
8 years 4 days ago #157529 by Suki
Replied by Suki on topic Pip Journey
Hi,
I was previously on a lifetime award of DLA with higher rate mobility and standard home care, I have just received my decision letter for Pip

I have been awarded enhanced care in the home but standard mobility for three years, the reasons stated for the standard mobility award were based around the fact the Capita assessor had determined that I could walk 30 metres to my toilet albeit stopping to rest on the way and also that although I walked slowly with a leg brace and a cane I did not show I was in pain at interview.

I am fortunate that I do not have a mobility car and I am not going to appeal as I do not want to risk the higher payment for help in the home and I can still qualify for a blue badge and 50% tax reduction. My leg continues to deteriorate so by the next award I might be fortunate to get enhanced mobility

The moral of this story is use and cite every aid possible as that is where I have gained my points and do not rely on hospital reports as mine all state that I am in constant pain and will never get better,oh and scream in pain at interview. What a journey,good luck to everyone else x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #157553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Journey
Suki

A restrained congratulations on the award.

You must live in a very, very big house is it is 30m to your toilet!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 3 days ago #157567 by Suki
Replied by Suki on topic Pip Journey
Thank you ,I always knew the 30 meter distance to the toilet would be an issue as you can see from my previous posts,the assessor was adamant on the day that was the distance.So all I can think of is that they are counting the distance both ways to account for the 30 meters as she did note that I had to sit to rest getting there and back. Also from my previous posts you will see that a friend had a similar problem with the 30 meteresdistance,interestingly these were both home visits .

I have rheumatoid arthritis,FactorV Leiden Mutation Activated Protein C Resistance (my blood forms spontaneous clots that damage my organs).I have lesions on my sciatic nerve and severely wasted muscles in foot leading to dropped foot and withered leg with recent supporting medical evidence stating I am in constant pain and can never be operated on as I am high risk ,the blood condition is genetic and I am limited to the painkillers I can take due to use of warfarin.

I have a door ramp,rail and use a mobility scooter to get around ,have to use a leg brace and walking stick and a bedroom downstairs,all these were noted down during F2f .however the decision maker believes I am not in pain as I did not show pain on the day of my interview I was just slow and stiff. But she believes I have enough difficulty carrying out daily tasks,getting in and out of shower etc due to my arthritis and leg to award enhanced care,it is very strange logic used in these decisions.

I have always relied on medical evidence at DWP medicals but for my next Pip review I am going to have measurements of my house to hand and I am going to be moaning and showing all the pain that I put up with on a daily basis,sad but that is the reality today. Thank you for your very helpful site and kind comments throughout this journey,I hope my experience will help someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.