× Members

ESA is it an in work benefit?

More
8 years 3 months ago #151086 by Caroline
Replied by Caroline on topic ESA is it an in work benefit?
Yes they are in writing. Also if i become so severly fatigued and bone pain gets worse because of working, when would i be able to claim esa agai? If i was to collapse because of exhaustion before this time could i claim if the doctor wrote that it was affecting my health.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA is it an in work benefit?

Caroline wrote: Yes they are in writing. Also if i become so severly fatigued and bone pain gets worse because of working, when would i be able to claim esa agai? If i was to collapse because of exhaustion before this time could i claim if the doctor wrote that it was affecting my health.
Thank you

You can make a new claim for ESA at any time, however, you will not be paid on it unless a Decision Maker agrees that you have a new condition or there has been a deterioration of your current conditions such that an award might be made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #151473 by Caroline
Hello,
Could someone tell me if ESA is an in work benefit?
Thanks

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #151479 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA is it an in work benefit?

Caroline wrote: Hello,
Could someone tell me if ESA is an in work benefit?
Thanks

Hi C,

Unlike DLA/PIP which are classed as "in work" benefits and you can work whilst in receipt of them, ESA is an "out of work" benefit.

To qualify for ESA you must be accessed as having Limited Capability for Work (LCW) (be unfit for work) which places you into The WRAG, and/or also having Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA) (unfit for work and work related activity) which puts you in The SG !

However, whilst in receipt of ESA you can do what is called "Permitted Work" (PW) with the permission of The DWP as only they can say what type of work would be classed as PW !

See :

Permitted Work

Work for people living with disability or health conditions.

See more information on PW 4th link down : This Page

I note that you have some other topics with ESA queries which I will now merge with this one.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151485 by Caroline
Thanks, book marked.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.