× Members

LENGTH OF AWARD

More
8 years 2 months ago #151512 by ableye
LENGTH OF AWARD was created by ableye
Been advised that I need to reapply for pip. i was awarded PIP IN Feb 2014 and the term was for three years i.e. Feb 2017. Why is this new application so early

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LENGTH OF AWARD

Ted A wrote: Been advised that I need to reapply for pip. i was awarded PIP IN Feb 2014 and the term was for three years i.e. Feb 2017. Why is this new application so early

I am afraid this is standard, the DWP are re-assessing nearly all fixed term awards a year in advance of the award ending.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151584 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic LENGTH OF AWARD
Sorry to hear that Ted, I had the same award from 2014-2018, but they said that they'd review me in 2017.

I got the old brown in the post today saying that I'm entitled to PIP from 2015-2018. Just thought I'd mention it as I think it can go either way for people. All the best.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151586 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic LENGTH OF AWARD
Sorry, that was meant to be 2015-2018 :blush:

I was awarded PIP from 2015-2018 & they said that they review me in 2017. However, today I got a letter saying the award was now payable from 2015-2018. So I got the extra year after all. It looks like it could go either way though. All the best!

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151594 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic LENGTH OF AWARD

Bud wrote: Sorry, that was meant to be 2015-2018 :blush:

I was awarded PIP from 2015-2018 & they said that they review me in 2017. However, today I got a letter saying the award was now payable from 2015-2018. So I got the extra year after all. It looks like it could go either way though. All the best!

Hi B,

It is still highly probably that you will be reviewed one year before the end date of the award !!

Besides, PIP Legislation dictates that any PIP award can be reviewed at any time for any reason !!

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.