× Members

severe disablement to esa

More
8 years 2 months ago #151547 by cheryl
severe disablement to esa was created by cheryl
hi I am on severe allowance as I didn't have enough ni contributions to get incapacity benefit.i am due to be transfered to esa,as I haven't got enough ni contributions will I get any esa as I would only be able to claim the income based esa but my partner works and earns @ £.23,000 or does it depend on which work group I get into as in the wrag or support group.from what ive read on the internet I believe that the support group might mean that I would receive money?.is there anybody that can help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151577 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic severe disablement to esa

cheryl wrote: hi I am on severe allowance as I didn't have enough ni contributions to get incapacity benefit.i am due to be transfered to esa,as I haven't got enough ni contributions will I get any esa as I would only be able to claim the income based esa but my partner works and earns @ £.23,000 or does it depend on which work group I get into as in the wrag or support group.from what ive read on the internet I believe that the support group might mean that I would receive money?.is there anybody that can help me?

Hi c,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I gather that you mean that you are currently in receipt of Severe Disability Allowance. (SDA)

That being the case if you are successfully transferred to ESA in either The WRAG or The SG, you will be entitled to Contribution Based (CB) ESA, not Income Related (IR) ESA !

The DWP decided that they would pay CB ESA for successful transfers from SDA to ESA, see :

What will I be transferred to?

You would also be covered by Transitional Protection, see : What will I be paid?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

As, you would be paid CB ESA your husband's income would have no adverse effect on your payment of CB ESA.

However, if you are placed into The WRAG, and you cannot pass the IR ESA means-test, you will only be paid CB ESA in The WRAG for 365 days, then payments will cease and you would receive NI Credits (Stamps) only towards your State pension.

If you placed into The SG, there is no such 365 days limit to payment of CB ESA, and you would continue to receive payment of CB ESA for as long as you remained in The SG :

See : 12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

24 hour work rule for payment of IR ESA

&

Asset rule for receipt of IR ESA

From our : ESA FAQ’s

There is further guidance on SDA, IB and IS to ESA transfers via the top link on ; This Page and you should use The Guides 2nd and 3rd links down when you fill in your ESA50.

In anticipation of receiving your ESA50 you might want to consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

My best suggestion is to read through the above, then come back to us by replying to this topic if you have further queries.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151667 by cheryl
Replied by cheryl on topic severe disablement to esa
hi, is anyone else having trouble accessing the esa members guide. I have right clicked as suggested to download to my computer but it wont let me download, any suggestions please .thank you.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151670 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic severe disablement to esa

cheryl wrote: hi, is anyone else having trouble accessing the esa members guide. I have right clicked as suggested to download to my computer but it wont let me download, any suggestions please .thank you.

Hi c,

As you can see, I have merged your ESA query with your previous ESA topic.

Please keep all your ESA queries to this topic as I advised in my previous response !

Have you tried to download and save the ESA Claims Guides 2nd and/or 3rd links down This Page to your P.C. ?

Do you have the most current version of : Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your P.C. to view the PDF Guides ?

You must be logged in at the time !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.