× Members

can i claim pip before being invited to claim pip.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151572 by beebee
Hello all,
I've been receiving DLA for at least 10 years now and currently for an indefinite period. My condition has worsend over this time . Can I claim PIP even tho I haven't yet received a letter telling me I must now claim PIP.

I have middle care and low mobility .After speaking to an advisor and doing some reading myself in the handbook I believe I would be entitled to a higher rate and my drs are supportive .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151602 by Gordon

beebee wrote: Hello all,
I've been receiving DLA for at least 10 years now and currently for an indefinite period. My condition has worsend over this time . Can I claim PIP even tho I haven't yet received a letter telling me I must now claim PIP.

I have middle care and low mobility .After speaking to an advisor and doing some reading myself in the handbook I believe I would be entitled to a higher rate and my drs are supportive .

Yes you can, just report a deterioration in your condition to the DWP and this should result in an invitation to claim PIP. You should do it in writing to the DWP office that deals with your DLA..

Please be aware that PIP has been deliberately designed to be more difficult benefit to receive an award for, although there are exception. As an example; if you also have problems with walking then you might receive the Enhanced rate of Mobility by scoring in both the Going Out and Moving Around activities, something that could not happen under DLA, however, if you only expect to score on the Going Out activity, then feedback from the forum would suggest that you might struggle to receive an award at all for Mobility.

So think very carefully about what you could score points for under PIP before you go ahead.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.