× Members

Reconsideration Success

• grainneirwin@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151656 by grainneirwin@hotmail.com
Reconsideration Success was created by grainneirwin@hotmail.com
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have had my ESA claim reconsidered and been placed back into the Support Group. I had been awarded 0 points at the medical but after submitting further evidence and highlighting 'several inconsistencies' in the record of the medical assessment, the DM revised the original decision and I was considered to satisfy Reg 29 (2 (b) and 35 (2).

I found the guides to be invaluable and, with their help, was able to compile a lengthy report to submit for appeal/reconsideration. As I was unsure of which guide was applicable to my circumstances, I emailed Benefits and Work and promptly received direct instruction from Steve. Thank you all so much for the work and research you all do. I am not sure my benefit would have been re-instated without it.

I noted that there is a directive to ' PLEASE CONSIDER RECONSIDERATION IN 2 YEARS'. I was wondering if this is a standard period or if others have been given longer.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151662 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reconsideration Success
GIRWIN

Well done on challenging the Decision.

Support group "awards" can be up to three years, but as you qualified under the Exceptional Circumstances Regulations I am not surprised that you have been given a shorter period until the next assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: grainneirwin@hotmail.com

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151664 by
Replied by on topic Reconsideration Success

GIRWIN wrote: Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have had my ESA claim reconsidered and been placed back into the Support Group. I had been awarded 0 points at the medical but after submitting further evidence and highlighting 'several inconsistencies' in the record of the medical assessment, the DM revised the original decision and I was considered to satisfy Reg 29 (2 (b) and 35 (2).

I found the guides to be invaluable and, with their help, was able to compile a lengthy report to submit for appeal/reconsideration. As I was unsure of which guide was applicable to my circumstances, I emailed Benefits and Work and promptly received direct instruction from Steve. Thank you all so much for the work and research you all do. I am not sure my benefit would have been re-instated without it.

I noted that there is a directive to ' PLEASE CONSIDER RECONSIDERATION IN 2 YEARS'. I was wondering if this is a standard period or if others have been given longer.

Hi G,

Well done on your successful MR from 0 points !!! :cheer: :cheer:

You have done really well, as MR successes are pretty thin on the ground presently !

ESA Reg 29 give entry to The WRAG (LCW) it is : ESA Reg 35 that gives entry to The SG (LCWRA)

Obviously if you have LCWRA, you also have LCW.

2-3 years would be the normal prognosis for The SG !!

3 years is normally the maximum period !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #151671 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Reconsideration Success
That's great news Girwin! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B + W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: grainneirwin@hotmail.com

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.