× Members

Compliance letter

More
8 years 2 months ago #151678 by kat
Compliance letter was created by kat
I received compliance letter asking me to attend a meeting to see that I am getting correct benefits. On arrival I was told that they received information about me that I have kids and I was living with someone. I asked if they had got the right person and they said the address was correct. I do not have kids and I live alone.. I had lots of questions thrown at me. I had to sign a form saying there was no changes but no mention of our conversation or the false allegations on the form. I suffer with depression anxiety and a host problems after cancer and treatment a few years ago. I had identity stolen a couple of years ago (this nearly drove me to the edge) and am at my wits end that someone may have made a claim for child benefit as the allegations including names and places make no sense at all. When I asked what next, they did not know. Has anyone experienced this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151697 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Compliance letter

kat wrote: I received compliance letter asking me to attend a meeting to see that I am getting correct benefits. On arrival I was told that they received information about me that I have kids and I was living with someone. I asked if they had got the right person and they said the address was correct. I do not have kids and I live alone.. I had lots of questions thrown at me. I had to sign a form saying there was no changes but no mention of our conversation or the false allegations on the form. I suffer with depression anxiety and a host problems after cancer and treatment a few years ago. I had identity stolen a couple of years ago (this nearly drove me to the edge) and am at my wits end that someone may have made a claim for child benefit as the allegations including names and places make no sense at all. When I asked what next, they did not know. Has anyone experienced this.

The allegation seems to completely unfounded and I can't see how the DWP can pursue the matter further if one of the accusations is that you have children when you don't!

Unfortunately, there is little more than I can suggest at the moment until they write to you to tell you what they are going to do.

If you are concerned that your identity has been stolen again, then I would get face to face advice, your local CAB would be a good place to start.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.