× Members

Now ESA Muck Around.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144919 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Now ESA Muck Around.
Bro58: What chance is there of the two year deferment being deferred further come February 2016?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144928 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Now ESA Muck Around.

summertrain wrote: Bro58: What chance is there of the two year deferment being deferred further come February 2016?

I think it unlikely that those who have already been deferred will receive a second one, but there is no way to be sure of this as apart from the original Statement in the House of Commons, the DWP and the relevant ministers have made no further comment on the delays.

We do know that deferments were still being applied to claims as late as last month.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #147392 by louise
Replied by louise on topic Now ESA Muck Around.
My partner is in the support group & she is due for a reassessment this February 2016.
When enquired with the DWP about it, the date still stands but the lady said not to worry if you don't get a form before that date & that benefit will continue to be paid & that the Medical Department will contact my partner & decide if she needs a reassessment or not.
What I would like to ask is, can they reassess her just on her old records with out having to fill out any new ESA form or face to face to medical, as this lady was speaking as if there was nothing to worry about & that she may not even hear anything, if she doesn't not to worry about it.
Can they give my partner a face to face medical with out her filling in a form?
She was originally deferred 2 years, so I know that wont be happening again.
When should she expect a form if her reassessment date is end of February 2016?
Thank You in advance for any help.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Now ESA Muck Around.
Louise

OK, the first thing to say is that ESA is an indefinite award so your partner will continue to receive their current rate of ESA until a new Decision is made on their claim.

As to the ESA50, there is no legal requirement for an ESA50 to be issued as part of a re-assessment, however, any Decision made without one would certainly be undermined if one was not sent.

Even if one is not sent, this does not preclude your partner completing one and presenting it at any face to face assessment that they are invited to.

When issued, the ESA50 will typically be sent about two weeks before the renewal date if your partner has been told that the renewal is at the end of February then I would expect them to receive the form at the beginning of the month.

You can always contact Maximus to see whether a form has been issued.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: louise

More
8 years 4 months ago #147429 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Now ESA Muck Around.
:woohoo:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOps

Thanks for that G, as I was thinking that it was 2 months previous to reassessment date that forms were sent out. So some of us need to be a little more on the pulse than perhaps we might be!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate that nothing's carved in stone, however, 2 weeks prior to date paints a different picture for myself anyway!!!!!!!

Kind regards

P

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151696 by louise
Replied by louise on topic Now ESA Muck Around.
Hi, I messaged earlier about PIP, My partners ESA (Support group) Is due to run out tomorrow, We phoned the DWP & asked when reassessment is due & they said nothing is showing & they have limited access to what the can see, because Maximus take care of every thing etc,
so it's best to call them as they should know what's going on, We called Maximus & they said they had our wrong address so updated it on the spot, then Maximus said to contact DWP as they send them the information for people to be reassessed & there is nothing on there file but they said it's strange as she hasn't been reassessed since 2012 so must be due anytime now, So the DWP lied as they said that Maximus should know, this is very confusing.

A couple of weeks ago the DWP said that reassessment date was Feb 24th 2016 & Now they say no date is showing up at all & they just said you should be sent a WCA assessment soon but they have no idea when, they also kept going on about my partner being reassessed in 2014, when she was not at all, her claim was just deferred.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.