× Members

change of circumstances

More
8 years 2 months ago #151735 by saud
change of circumstances was created by saud
i am writing on behalf of my mum who is on pension credit and currently gets pip hrc lrm

her mobility has become much worse and she never goes out the house as she has had many falls

she has a physiotherapist who comes to see her at home every week and has been given a walking stick

i would say she is unable to walk more than 50 meters without aid

her physic has said she will write a letter in support of her applying to get hrm

she has a 5 year award which runs out in 2020

if she applies will her whole award be looked at again

and also i would like to get the award length changed as she has no prospect of ever getting better due to age

she is also bipolar and is on lithium and olanzapine

and has carers come to give her a bath twice a week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151747 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic change of circumstances
Hi Saud

I think you answered your own question when you said you think Mum can walk 50 meters without aid. To get enhanced rate of mobility in PIP your ability to walk has to be 20 meters or less.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to risk asking for reassessment; I think the probability is that all of her award would be taken into consideration again, and there is always a danger of losing the award she already has. I suppose you could look at her mental state, and her ability to manage planning journeys etc. on her own (see the guides to PIP) but I would be very careful.

Similarly with the length of the award.

Sorry to sound so unsupportive, but we would not like your Mum to lose the award she has.

Look at the guides and make up your own mind; just be very careful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.