× Members

Re applying for ESA

More
8 years 2 months ago #151763 by hev53
Re applying for ESA was created by hev53
Hi
I wonder if you can help. Last year I claimed ESA as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was given medication which helped for a short while so I tried to go back to work (I am a nurse). I could only work for 10 weeks before I had to give up again due to ill health, my RA became untenable.
I am still very unwell and had a PIP assessment. Am I able to claim ESA again?
Thank you for looking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151765 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re applying for ESA

hev53 wrote: Hi
I wonder if you can help. Last year I claimed ESA as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was given medication which helped for a short while so I tried to go back to work (I am a nurse). I could only work for 10 weeks before I had to give up again due to ill health, my RA became untenable.
I am still very unwell and had a PIP assessment. Am I able to claim ESA again?
Thank you for looking.

If it has been less than 12 weeks since you closed your claim then you can make a rapid reclaim which will be attached to your original claim, if it is 13 weeks or more then you can make a new claim for ESA, however, as it is a new claim you will need to re-meet all of the conditions from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hev53

More
8 years 2 months ago #151767 by hev53
Replied by hev53 on topic Re applying for ESA
Thank you for your help. Really grateful. Take care.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.