× Members

ESA problems

• Mike
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151774 by Mike
ESA problems was created by Mike
Ok so I haven't been paid since October 2015, partly my fault as I didn't keep up to date with sending in sick notes. My doctor only gives me 1 month sick notes and due to my anxiety, which is why I'm claiming ESA I find it really difficult to go to the doctors and have to try and prepare myself for it.

At the start of February I sent in a sick note, I called and the Job centre said there is a 2 week period where there is no sick note so I went back to the doctors and got another one. I still wasn't paid, I called again and they needed student finance information because I am doing an open university course at home. Then they tell me I have missed a medical and needed to provide my reasons for this. I did this over the phone on 11/02/2016 and they have just called me to say due to the work load they haven't had a decision back yet.

Please can somebody help me. I feel like they are just fobbing me off because I don't know what I am saying. I am so stressed and will likely have nowhere to stay if this doesn't get resolved soon. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA problems
Mike

Looking at your previous posts this is the second appointment for an assessment that you missed (at the least), as a result a Decision Maker needs to decide whether your reasons for not attending are acceptable, if they are then another appointment will be booked, if not then your ESA claim will be closed.

I'm afraid there is no timescale for a Decision Maker to look at your reasons, although I would expect them to do so within four weeks of you providing the information. There is nothing you can do about this at the moment as it has been less than two weeks.

If you have not heard by the end of the week give them another call on Monday and then depending on what they say you could involve your MP. See

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.