× Members

Bexleyheath representation help URGENT

• Mark
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151775 by Mark
Hi can anyone help me, I'm desperate and finding all of this overwhelming.

I'm a 46 year old dyslexic male who was formally on DLA high rate mobility and middle rate care but following an accusation from my ex partner and and investigation along with surveylence my award was taken away and the decline backdated to 2011 resulting in me owing them £22k plus.

My conditions are very complex and 98 - 99% of the time I'm so breathless that I'm housebound and have recently been awarded a carer from the council as I can't even wash myself. However, during the 4 months they followed myself and my wife they have 14 minutes of footage of 3 or 4 occasions when I left the house and went to different shops when I've had a day or few hours where I've felt a little bit better to do so.

The mandatory decision declined and the criminal proceedings they wanted to take against me was dropped and we are now at appeal but I'm scared that being dyslexic I won't be able to fairly represent myself and for the life of me cannot find anyone who can help or represent me in my area and I'm desperate can anyone help me?

Thanks Mark
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151778 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Bexleyheath representation help URGENT

Mark wrote: Hi can anyone help me, I'm desperate and finding all of this overwhelming.

I'm a 46 year old dyslexic male who was formally on DLA high rate mobility and middle rate care but following an accusation from my ex partner and and investigation along with surveylence my award was taken away and the decline backdated to 2011 resulting in me owing them £22k plus.

My conditions are very complex and 98 - 99% of the time I'm so breathless that I'm housebound and have recently been awarded a carer from the council as I can't even wash myself. However, during the 4 months they followed myself and my wife they have 14 minutes of footage of 3 or 4 occasions when I left the house and went to different shops when I've had a day or few hours where I've felt a little bit better to do so.

The mandatory decision declined and the criminal proceedings they wanted to take against me was dropped and we are now at appeal but I'm scared that being dyslexic I won't be able to fairly represent myself and for the life of me cannot find anyone who can help or represent me in my area and I'm desperate can anyone help me?

Thanks Mark

Hi M,

I am sorry to hear this ! :(

I am afraid that we do not deal with alleged benefit fraud proceedings, so if that is the only reason that you have signed up to B&W, you should contact the office and request your subscription back :

Contact : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You really need the help of a qualified Welfare Rights Officer/Adviser who has experience of such issues and can view all your paper work and offer face to face advice.

If you had also been facing criminal proceedings as well, you would have been best advised to obtain the services of a Solicitor to work in tandem with The WRO.

It is very difficult now to gain the support of WRO's since the Government withdrew Legal Aid for "benefit" issues.

You could try the potential sources suggested in : This Topic

Good luck !! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.