× Members

ESA - Permitted work assessment & support group

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151787 by Sarah
Hello everyone - new to forum - not very good at knowing how to use at the moment so hopefully will appear so can have some replies.

I will be going through the ESA application process for first time. I am keen to know about doing permitted work during 13 week assessment phase, ie do you request PW1 form as well as ESA1 form? Is this allowed during assessment phase? Also not sure yet of difference between limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity seems to mean same thing to me; and when considering a claim if someone is asking to do permitted work, albeit just 2 hours a week, what the chances are of getting into the support group if you are showing you want to do something within capability. Anyone got into support group and done permitted work from original claim?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151824 by

Sarah wrote: Hello everyone - new to forum - not very good at knowing how to use at the moment so hopefully will appear so can have some replies.

I will be going through the ESA application process for first time. I am keen to know about doing permitted work during 13 week assessment phase, ie do you request PW1 form as well as ESA1 form? Is this allowed during assessment phase? Also not sure yet of difference between limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity seems to mean same thing to me; and when considering a claim if someone is asking to do permitted work, albeit just 2 hours a week, what the chances are of getting into the support group if you are showing you want to do something within capability. Anyone got into support group and done permitted work from original claim?

Hi S,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

A lot of questions in one small post !!! :)

Further information on Permitted Work (PW) can be found below :

Permitted Work

Work for people living with disability or health conditions.

See more information on PW 4th link down : This Page

Many claimants who do PW are also in The SG !

However, the important issue is, are any of the actions involved in the PW contradictory to the stated limitations that you are to rely on in gaining access to The WRAG or The SG, or staying in the appropriate group ?

The Assessor who carries out your ESA WCA will be aware that you are doing PW, as you will have to inform DWP ESA and gain their permission.

To gain a better understanding of how The WCA operates and how and why you may be placed into The WRAG or The SG, you should first read through our : ESA Claims Guides and our : ESA FAQ’s , then come back to us by replying to this topic with any further queries that you may have.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151834 by Sarah
Hello Bro

Thank you. I am not the best in working out forums hence don't take part in any, but I will try to follow what you're saying. Apologies if I get something wrong along the way. Have bookmarked the page and I think you were saying for me not to post separate posts and just keep the thread in relation to this post so you can follow all easily. Hope that's right.
Sarah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.