× Members

Incapacity to ESA transfer time

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138331 by JAF
Incapacity to ESA transfer time was created by JAF
Hi
I received a form last year to transfer from SDA to ESA. The form had to be returned by the 24th December, which it was. I am still receiving SDA benefit, but have heard nothing at all about transferring. It's been seven months since returning my form and I am getting more stressed as time goes on. Has anybody else had to wait a similar length of time? Thanks.
kind regards
Julie
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138334 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Incapacity to ESA transfer time
Hi J,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

There are huge delays in the ESA assessment/reassessment system !

As an indication of this, all IB, IS and SDA recipients were supposed to have been transferred over to ESA by Spring 2014 !!

Many claimants are only hearing something 1-2 years after returning their ESA50.

You would have heard by now if they had not received your ESA50, as it could have resulted in your SDA payments stopping, and your SDA will continue until you are assessed and a decision is made.

You could contact ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Although your ESA50 may be with Maximus (CHDA), who's contact details can be found from the link below :

Don't be surprised if you receive and appointment for a face to face assessment from : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 out of the blue, without being given the opportunity to provide a current, up to date ESA50.

Have a read though this FAQ : Invited to a face to face assessment but no ESA50 sent. in case this occurs.

See also : ESA FAQ’s

&

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151798 by JAF
Replied by JAF on topic Incapacity to ESA transfer time
Hello
I'm just wondering if anybody has waited over a year to be transfered to ESA.
I completed the questionnaire and sent it back in December 2014. I have heard nothing since and I am still receiving payments. Is this very unusual?
Julie

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151819 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Incapacity to ESA transfer time

Julie wrote: Hello
I'm just wondering if anybody has waited over a year to be transfered to ESA.
I completed the questionnaire and sent it back in December 2014. I have heard nothing since and I am still receiving payments. Is this very unusual?
Julie

Hi J,

I will merge your previous ESA related query with this one !!

As I see that you are sure that your ESA50 was returned and received and you are still receiving your SDA payments, there is little that you can do other than contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

Maximus taking over from ATOS may be the reason that you have not heard !!

We have heard from some other members where they have returned an ESA50 a year or more ago, only to receive an appointment for a face to face from Maximus without being given the opportunity to fill in another ESA50 to make their details current.

See : Invited to an ESA Face to Face Assessment (ESA “medical”) but no ESA50 sent

It is entirely up to you as to whether you wish to contact Maximus or DWP ESA as the ball is firmly in their court !!

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.