× Members

Risks of mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 1 month ago #153972 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Risks of mandatory reconsideration
Richard

Congratulations on getting the Decision overturned at MR, it's rare that this happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154013 by Jasmine357
Replied by Jasmine357 on topic Risks of mandatory reconsideration

Richard23 wrote: I have just posted the paperwork for the mandatory reconsideration. I have followed your advice and pointed out all the points I feel are unreasonable. As I had been on top DLS rating I never thought I would have a problem with PIP. How wrong I was. I made the mistake of keeping my original application very basic and returned it with only minimum detail. Big mistake. Everyone should take note.
Anyway having now done everything in detail and got a very comprehensive letter from my GP I am confident that I will get what I am sure I am entitled to.
Fingers crossed. I will report back with any news.

The moral here is don`t take anything for granted and be comprehensive with answers. Also get as much medical evidence as you are reasonably able.
Richard

Hi, :)

This is exactly what I did at the start of my application. I also felt that I returned my form with just the basic info and minimum detail.

However,as I have no previous knowledge about claiming any type of disability benefit before, and I suffer from chronic fatigue, I went to the CAB for help and advice with filling in my form.

To be honest, I wished I hadn't. Because the advisor who was helping me reassured me my form was OK as she checked it before I actually sent it off. It was only when I discovered this website that I decided to join up and wished I had discovered it much sooner before I sent my form off.

Anyhow, my claim began in November 2015. And my claim failed shortly after going to the assessment in February 2016. Everything relating to my claim failed in every which way. The assessment was basically a non event because the assessor had left out so much information and I was not also able to explain in further detail all my difficulties.

So after reading the report, which didn't take very long as there were blank pages, inaccuracies, assumptions and generic comments in the boxes,I requested an MR.

However,after requesting the MR I gathered as much additional info as I could which consisted of a separate batch of 6 pages and a bundle of 12 A4 pages together with a 16 page of GP's summary of evidence which I sent on the 9th March and 14th March respectively.

I have just found out today that the DWP have made a decision already. Which I am not quite sure about so I guess I will get to know my fate in a few days :( it's like an episode of a cliffhanger :ohmy:

PF x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.