× Members

Help please - Decision maker’s phone call

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155175 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help please - Decision maker’s phone call
aa

I'm afraid we see this all to often.

You have two options, you can ask for a second MR on the basis that they failed to wait for information that you told them you would be sending. Write to the DWP office dealing with your claim with a copy of the new information explaining why you are requesting a second MR. You will have to ring them a week later to see whether the request has been accepted or not.

Or you can go straight to appeal. There are links to the form you will need to complete and instructions on how to do so in the PIP Appeal guide, there are also documents that you can use to start your appeal submission in that section as wekk.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156078 by bella01
Replied by bella01 on topic Help please - Decision maker’s phone call
Gordon
Thank you for your reply. Because the DWP messed up so and the lady that filled in our form for us missed so much out we were advised that it would be easier to start a new Claim. I telephoned today and asked them to send us a new for and requested to fill in the form instead of doing it over the telephone for the first part and the lady said no I had to do it over the telephone they would not send the form out. Please I am sure that I have read on this site that you can request this form to do in writing. Is that correct or do I have to do the first part over the telephone?
Thank you.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #156103 by Gordon

aa wrote: Gordon
Thank you for your reply. Because the DWP messed up so and the lady that filled in our form for us missed so much out we were advised that it would be easier to start a new Claim. I telephoned today and asked them to send us a new for and requested to fill in the form instead of doing it over the telephone for the first part and the lady said no I had to do it over the telephone they would not send the form out. Please I am sure that I have read on this site that you can request this form to do in writing. Is that correct or do I have to do the first part over the telephone?
Thank you.

You can request that you be sent a copy of the PIP1 so that you can complete in your own time.

I see no reason why the request cannot for it be sent cannot be made over the phone but the address to write to is on the following page.

www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

Just be aware that those who have used this route have had to wait a long time to receive the form, one even had to involve their MP and your claim will not start until the DWP have a completed PIP1.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156831 by bella01
Help Please?
DWP told me I could not put in a new claim for PIP because I had more than six months left on this claim. When I explained again the lady who filled in our form missed a lot out and it was incomplete. DWP said I could give them the new information over the phone but that I would still have to appeal by the due date if I did not agree with the decisions already given. They would not extend this date while I sent in the information that was missing from the PIP form.
So I am now trying to write out the whole PIP forms questions so the DWP will have the correct information and also do the appeal which is due in for Friday!
Please do I send a copy of the missing information to the appeals that I am sending to the DWP? And on doing the appeal for do I still write that I disagree with their marking based on what they have sent even though they do not have all the information?

More
8 years 1 week ago #156835 by Gordon

aa wrote: Help Please?
DWP told me I could not put in a new claim for PIP because I had more than six months left on this claim. When I explained again the lady who filled in our form missed a lot out and it was incomplete. DWP said I could give them the new information over the phone but that I would still have to appeal by the due date if I did not agree with the decisions already given. They would not extend this date while I sent in the information that was missing from the PIP form.
So I am now trying to write out the whole PIP forms questions so the DWP will have the correct information and also do the appeal which is due in for Friday!
Please do I send a copy of the missing information to the appeals that I am sending to the DWP? And on doing the appeal for do I still write that I disagree with their marking based on what they have sent even though they do not have all the information?

If you have an award in place then you cannot make a new claim for PIP.

If you are making an appeal and not requesting a second MR then you should not rush to provide detailed reasons why you are making the appeal.

Once your appeal is accepted then you will receive a bundle of papers from the DWP containing all of the documents used in the making of their Decision, once you have this you can submit your own reasons for making the appeal, that way you will be sure to cover all of the arguments used by the DWP to justify the award they made.

Gordon

More
8 years 1 week ago #156840 by bella01
Dear Gordon
Thank you. Please help I am in such a mess and don't really know how to solve it!
I did not know you can request a 2 Mandatory Reconsideration. What would you suggest I do?
There is a lot of information missing from the PIP for that should have been put on, with out it we will not get the appropriate points.
Do I send the DWP all the information they need and ask for a 2nd MR and if I do this will we lose the right to appeal. The deadline is this Friday?
Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.