× Members

I won my PIP tribunal!!!!!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #152691 by claire becki
Replied by claire becki on topic I won my PIP tribunal!!!!!!!
Hi
Unfortunately I was only awarded for two years (which has been back dated 6 months) so before I know it i will be going through it all again! but for now i am just glad to get it over and done with.

Good luck with your appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152725 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic I won my PIP tribunal!!!!!!!
Thanks Claire

It would be interesting to know how successful PIP claimants fair second time round when having to go through it again, that is, if the evidence and condition haven't changed is it more likely the DWP will go with that and PIP2 form, rather than dragging the claimant through another appeal 2 years down the line.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152777 by claire becki
Thanks,I am hoping it will be easier next time I am reassessed i suppose only time will tell. It would be interesting to hear other peoples experiences though.

I am onto battle number two now trying to get my disability element of tax credits backdated. My award was reduced by over £100 a month when my DLA stopped in September. The adviser told me I wasn't entitled to anything other than help with childcare costs. I explained that i had researched that I could get backdated. She then said yes you can but it will only be for 31 days. I corrected her again and said its a disability related backdated request so i have one month to notify you to receive full backdating. She then decided to take some information and send it to the backdating department. I am following up with a letter just encase.

Does anyone know if I should send a copy of the tribunal decision notice to the DWP to try and hurry things up or should I be patient and wait a few weeks before calling them up to check they have received the notification from the tribunal?

Thank you

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152793 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I won my PIP tribunal!!!!!!!
Claire

I'm afraid we can't help you with the Tax Credits.

It can't hurt to send the DWP a copy of the Decision Notice, it normally takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to sort out a Tribunal result although it can be quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152810 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic I won my PIP tribunal!!!!!!!
Hi Claire

Sorry if I seem nosy. But how, in your case, do Tax Credits come into play in relation to disability? Do you work? Or have a child who have has a disability.

Just curious.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152865 by claire becki
Hi Johnny,
No its fine i don't mind answering my husband works full time and we have two children . I don't know the ins and outs but previously because i was receiving DLA we qualified for the disability elements but that stopped when the DLA did......

Thank you for the advice on the tribunal decision notice, I will send a copy in next week.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.