× Members

ESA claim

More
7 years 2 months ago #181713 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Thank you, reassuring and appreciated. Do you know if the Job Centre Plus see your Fit Notes?

Not for ESA. A regular comment from members placed in the WRAG is that they expect their JC+ advisors to know all about their claim and they in fact know nothing and the members have to bring the up to speed on their problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181918 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Thank you. May I ask if you think it ok for me to use all the evidence I eventually gathered for my PIP claim for ESA. I mean letters addressed for PIP from my health professionals involved in my care saying how I would not be able to travel to a medical assessment centre, a letter from my psychiatrist written to explain my conditions to PIP, and also a questionnaire that my GP filled in upon request from ATOS for PIP. These may not be perfect for ESA because I know the criteria are different and also there are a few things not quite right which I would like rectified in an ideal world. However, I do not feel able to approach my health care professionals to ask for supporting evidence for my ESA claim so soon after they have provided the supporting evidence for my PIP. Could I use the same evidence but put a line through the PIP address, or write on the top of the paperwork 'PIP evidence to use for ESA claim' or not write on the paperwork at all and do a cover letter explaining?

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #181926 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA claim
Hi Cruella,

Yes, you can use the PIP letters in support of your ESA claim, as long as you clearly shpw how they relate to the ESA descriptors.

I would recommend that you don't change the actual letters in any way, send in a covering letter instead.

You would need to send in a new letter if you are requesting a home appointment for any face2face considered necessary.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
7 years 2 months ago #181944 by Perdita
ok thank you, I assume I would need to get the home appointment/paper based letter request ready to go with the ESA50?

More
7 years 2 months ago #181946 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: ok thank you, I assume I would need to get the home appointment/paper based letter request ready to go with the ESA50?

They may not accept a home assessment request for PIP in regard your ESA claim.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #181947 by Perdita
I am hoping Maximus will do a paper based report like ATOS did for me. I assume all I can do apart from my health professional writing a letter supporting my inability to attend a medical assessment centre , is provide as much evidence and info about my conditions as I can. I could send a copy of the letter from ATOS saying they were doing a paper based assessment for me or do you think that might rub Maximus up the wrong way?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.