× Members

ESA claim

More
7 years 2 months ago #181558 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
National Insurance as in nat ins credits that can be awarded with the IR ESA claim I mean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: My GP would do a May to July fit note but I meant would DWP be ok with one like that . Or would the DWP be funny about a premature issue date, as in tomorrows date

Tomorrow's date should not be a problem but GP's cannot issue a Fit Note for a future date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181560 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: I am not sure it is appropriate to backdate, I mean if the capital in my buy to let is disregarded whilst selling , that won t happen till next week when it goes on the market, so the income based ESA would not be applicable until then. I don t know whether the national insurance aspect could be backdated???

Backdating is based on your being unfit for work.

For ESA(IR) if you don't meet the rules then they simply won't pay you.

For ESA(CB) if you are not eligible then they won't advance the claim, backdating into last year means that they will use the Tax Years 2013-14 and 2014-15, if you don't backdate then it will be 2014-15 and 2015-16. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181561 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: National Insurance as in nat ins credits that can be awarded with the IR ESA claim I mean

You'll receive Credits from the date that your claim is accepted as starting from.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #181562 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
I know they won t pay me if I don t meet the rules for either ESA but I will still get the National Insurance credits Award won t I. So sorry , keep getting confused over this . I assume ideally I need to back date so that my nat ins credits get given from 3 months ago?

More
7 years 2 months ago #181563 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: I know they won t pay me if I don t meet the rules for either ESA but I will still get the National Insurance credits Award won t I. So sorry , keep getting confused over this . I assume ideally I need to back date so that my nat ins credits get given from 3 months ago?

If your GP will backdate the Fit Note (they might not) and the ESA Claim is accepted then you wil get Credits from that date.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.