× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 9 months ago #194852 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: After yet more conflicting answers today, over all i believe my ESA50 is back in the process, hurray! One advisor said it was back in the process on the 1st, which i think is right. How long do you have to send in extra evidence, some i can email through today but do you think i can do more next week or will they have already looked at my claim by then?

Don't worry you will have plenty of time to send in the evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #195068 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
I rang up Maximus today because I wanted to know if my further evidence, (just a few more of my written notes) for my ESA50 that I was sending, needed my signature. They said that the medical team had done my claim today and returned it to DWP. They said I need no face to face. How can they have done it so quickly! I thought I would be waiting months, They only had it a week! Do you think I should send my extra evidence to the DWP office (ESA25) that deals with my claim, the one where I send my fit note or will this make the DWP send my file back to Maximus. (I am not sure that my further evidence is that important although it does refer to why feel i need the support group which would be relevant to the DWP DM)

More
6 years 9 months ago #195070 by Gordon
Cruella

It is quick but the delays are not affecting all areas and the process is slightly different if they decide to do a Paper Based Review.

It will depend on the evidence but it is possible that any new evidence will result in your file being returned to Maximus for further advice, remember the Decision Maker is not medically trained.

If you do send it then it would be to the same address as your Fit Notes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #195109 by Perdita
Thank you. Once the DM at DWP receives your file back after Maximus have paper based assessed me, do you think it will be two or three weeks until the DM has finalised the process and allocated support or WRAG. Can I speed his up by leaving message with benefit enquiries?, only if it happens really fast and i get allocated support group , then i my still be able to do a shared ownership, it seems it may be possible if i can synchronise the completion of my buy to let sale with the completion of shared ownership purchase. But I need to be allocated support group and really quickly. Should i leave a message with benefit enquiries that i need it done fast?or speak to a DM?

More
6 years 9 months ago #195111 by Gordon
Cruella

ESA Decisions are taking 2-4 weeks at the moment.

Previous feedback on the forum would suggest that DM's do not respond well to hurry up requests, but given your circumstances you probably have more to lose than most claimants in this situation, so try calling, just don't expect too much.

Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #195131 by Perdita
I tried asking benefit enquiries if a note could be put on my file regarding speedy processing and shared ownership wish but although the advisor was pleasant and trying to be helpful, she said she could not put such a note on my file because she said it would make no difference at all as the DMs always go through their 'pile' in date receipt order. I think it probably not a good idea to push it by asking for a DM call back. I'm reluctant to wind up the DM but at the same time desperate to maximise my chance of getting onto the shared ownership scheme in time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.