× Members

ESA claim

More
5 years 1 month ago #227006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim
Cruella

First of all, you remain on ESA you will only be moved to UC if you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under UC.

It depends on what you mean by temporary, someone visiting you for a couple of weeks or even longer who retains their own address should not impact on your SDP, however, if the period is longer or they give up their address and make your address theirs then it will.

Once they leave and you are living alone again then you can re-apply for the Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227025 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
If I am on ESA in Support Group with the SD Premium, and I move home and have to submit a new Housing Benefit claim - but sill living alone - will this mean I have to claim UC but will I get legacy benefits? I mean will I still keep the SD Premium money?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227027 by Gordon
Cruella

If you are currently receiving the SD Premium then you are now barred from claiming UC and can make a claim for Housing Benefit if you move.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
5 years 1 month ago #227280 by Perdita
Hi Gordon

How do you tell the difference between an ESA annual entitlement letter and an ESA review decision letter please?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227291 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: Hi Gordon

How do you tell the difference between an ESA annual entitlement letter and an ESA review decision letter please?

There's no clear cut way to do this but at the moment (7/3/19) the Entitlement Letter will talk about your payments from April 2019 only, a Decision Letter may also mention April 2019 but it will also mention your payments from the date of the Decision (end of February?) up to April.

However, the only guaranteed way is to contact the DWP.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: AHW7, Perdita

More
5 years 1 month ago #227297 by Perdita
The letter refers to - from April 18 with the payment amount, then from April 19 with the payment amount. I guess this could still be either annual entitlement or review decision?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.