× Members

ESA claim

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155121 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
But also I am thinking if I send my fit notes off (my GP had done them from DEC 15 to June 16), then if as I assume will happen the DWP come back to me saying I am not eligible for CB ESA, then if a bit later I decide I want to apply for ESA just for my national insurance credits, then my fit notes will I assume still be with them? Or do they return my fit notes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155126 by Perdita
ALSO, sorry! I will soon be putting my buy to let property on the market cos I need to get my money back to pay my rent where I am living. If I cannot sell my property quickly enough and consequently do not have enough money to live on, is there any temporary help, such as temporary ESA whilst I am waiting for access to my capital. Is there a thing by where property on the market does not have to count as your capital for up to 26 weeks. I do not want to go down such a route but want the reassurance that there would be some financial support if need be

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155132 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Can you apply for contrib based only over the phone.

Yes

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155133 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: But also I am thinking if I send my fit notes off (my GP had done them from DEC 15 to June 16), then if as I assume will happen the DWP come back to me saying I am not eligible for CB ESA, then if a bit later I decide I want to apply for ESA just for my national insurance credits, then my fit notes will I assume still be with them? Or do they return my fit notes?

Take copies before you send them, also, the DWP will not accept a Fit Note that is for more than three months during the first six months of a claim, so only send the ones that you need to and hold back any later ones until they become due.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155134 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: ALSO, sorry! I will soon be putting my buy to let property on the market cos I need to get my money back to pay my rent where I am living. If I cannot sell my property quickly enough and consequently do not have enough money to live on, is there any temporary help, such as temporary ESA whilst I am waiting for access to my capital. Is there a thing by where property on the market does not have to count as your capital for up to 26 weeks. I do not want to go down such a route but want the reassurance that there would be some financial support if need be

Capital from a house sale can be disregarded for 26 weeks (or more) but only if the property is the one that you are living in.

The capital rules apply to all Income Related benefits such ESA(IR), JSA(IR) Income Support and Housing Benefit so if you are not eligible for ESA(IR) currently then I would not expect you to be eligible for the others.

If you are not eligible for ESA(CB) then you won't be for JSA(CB).

Gordon

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155793 by Perdita
Hi. Filled out my ESA1 form, but have bottled out sending it because
1) I am 99.99% sure I am not eligible for CB ESA even under the special Carer's rule because I only had 26 weeks of National Insurance contributions in the tax year 13/14 (because I stopped being a carer in the September) Thus I do not satisfy the second condition. I should have claimed CB ESA back then, if only I knew then what I know now
2) I was tempted just to send it in anyway just in case but I am so worried that they may contact my landlord and I fear that if they did he may no longer want me as a tenant.

I do hope I am not being silly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.