× Members

Pip form advice

More
8 years 2 months ago #152578 by kalinka
Pip form advice was created by kalinka
Hello I have been on DLA since 2002 Indefinite award. Yesterday I had my PIP assessment which lasted 1 hour and 10 min. I felt that the assessor was totally wrong in the assessment on me as I have numerous things wrong but only seemed interested in my antidepressants. Asked had I seen a Psychiatrist and I told her the GP was treating me. Told me That because of depression that is why i am concentrating on the pain I am in. I tried to tell her the pain I suffer is affecting the way I live and that is causing depression. Did not do any tests on me on other things e.g Living with arm Lymphoedema after effects of the cancer. Osteopenic problems in spine,hip, knees and neck with effects walking. She told me her name but not what qualifications she has. Any advice that could help me. Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152595 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip form advice
Hello Kalinka

I think you will have to wait for the result of your assessment before you can do anything much. If you feel the assessment has been unfair, you can contact the PIP helpline and request a copy of the assessment form and go through it to see where you disagree with the comments made.

Request a Mandatory Reconsideration, and on the form you submit, give details of where and how you disagree with the assessor's comments, being very specific about the points on which you disagree with her findings, where you feel she did not give sufficient consideration to your problems with (say) the lymphodoema and how it affects you and the way you have to live your life.

You will then have to wait for the Decision Maker to contact you with any new decision; if he/she cannot change your award then you will have to consider appealing. These are the next steps; but as I say, you will really have to wait for the result of your assessment first before you can decide to do anything further. :)

Sorry there's nothing else just yet - waiting is not nice.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152728 by kalinka
Replied by kalinka on topic Pip form advice
What section covers mental health on this form as it does not seem clear. Thank you

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152736 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip form advice

kalinka wrote: What section covers mental health on this form as it does not seem clear. Thank you

Hi k,

I will merge this with your other PIP related query for continuity !!

All the Daily Living Activities take into account limitations caused as a result of Physical Health conditions and/or Mental Health conditions.

For Mobility, only the "Going Out" Activities take into account Mental Health issues.

The "Moving Around" Activity part of PIP Mobility only takes into account Physical limitations, your ability to "Stand then Move " i.e. "Walking" !!

You can gain a PIP Mobility Award through gaining the required number of points (8 or 12) from both "Going Out" and "Moving Around" added together, or from either Activity alone !!

Have a read through the following :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.