× Members

is this the right forum?

More
8 years 2 months ago #152755 by Edward
is this the right forum? was created by Edward
hi everyone, is this the right forum, i cant find any others, to post about help for help with carers fees and wether any help, financial or free is available. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152759 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic is this the right forum?
Yes, you are in the right pace as this is the only forum we have! Please ask your questions and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edward

More
8 years 2 months ago #152763 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic is this the right forum?
My 92 year old mother who is housebound and who has had carers once a day for several years now needs them twice a day due to her deterioration in health.

She currently has to privately pay for the carers.

now that the amount will be doubling it means a considerable sum each week.

she is on state pension, widows pension and receives attendance allowance.

is there any possibility of getting extra financial help for her or getting free careers for the additional costs.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am severely disabled myself

many thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #152767 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic is this the right forum?
can you also tell me how to set up email alerts when i get a reply please?

thanks you

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152783 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic is this the right forum?
John

The only thing I can suggest is contacting her Local Authority o see what assistance they can provide. They may be able to provide the care directly so your mother does not have to pay for it, or create a care package where they fund the care for her.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152785 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic is this the right forum?

John42 wrote: can you also tell me how to set up email alerts when i get a reply please?

thanks you

Unfortunately the forum software does not support email notification.

I would suggest that you book mark this topic in your browser so it is easy to find.

Mods will always try to reply to a question during the next time that they are online.

Mods are available Monday to Friday. 2-3.30pm and 8-9.30pm

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.