× Members

DWP Compliance.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152771 by Faery
DWP Compliance. was created by Faery
Hi,
We had a visit from a compliance officer this morning. We were told he was coming and I had everything ready for him. I was very distressed though to see that he had copies of all my transactions from my various bank accounts going back three or four years. We didn't even start claiming until last January (ESA), so why would they a) have them and b) have them from before we claimed. I'm not happy, is this allowed. I'm assuming it is as he surely wouldn't have shown them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152791 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Compliance.

Faery wrote: Hi,
We had a visit from a compliance officer this morning. We were told he was coming and I had everything ready for him. I was very distressed though to see that he had copies of all my transactions from my various bank accounts going back three or four years. We didn't even start claiming until last January (ESA), so why would they a) have them and b) have them from before we claimed. I'm not happy, is this allowed. I'm assuming it is as he surely wouldn't have shown them.

They don't have access to your bank information by default, my understanding is that they have to make a specific request.

Have a look at the following

findlaw.co.uk/law/tax/benefits/benefit_fraud/9431.html

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #152814 by Faery
Replied by Faery on topic DWP Compliance.
That's interesting. He literally had copies of every transaction we had made in every account, but told me we weren't being investigated for fraud. Said he was just there to check we were in receipt of the right benefits. Looking at that lot however, it would suggest we are being investigated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.