× Members

ATOS Called Tonight - Help

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152890 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS Called Tonight - Help

Fizz wrote: Is there anything I can do against ATOS?

She took an overdose last night because of them calling. Ambulance took her. She is still in A&E.

The form clearly stated "no phone calls" as she is very mentally unwell and on strong psych meds due to the trauma of cancer and massive chemotherapy damage.

Any help or guidance much appreciated. It is so cruel that they have done this to her.

They had a GP home visit letter as well. Do they even bother to read what they were sent?

Hi F,

I am really sorry to hear this !!! :(

As Gordon advised, the ATOS people who make the phone calls for appointments are in a separate department, but that is no excuse !!! :angry:

I would most certainly make an official complaint to ATOS via E-mail :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I would also contact her M.P. ASAP, they should be able to assist :

Contacting your MP

I am not legally qualified, but you could also contact a Solicitor who deals with Personal Injury claims, and if it can be proven that ATOS have been negligent in that they had "Reasonable Foreseeability" that contacting her by telephone would cause any form of Personally Injury to her, they could be liable.

The fact that "no phone calls" was stated in the form and that her G.P. sent a letter supporting a Home Assessment may help to show that ATOS did have "Reasonable Foreseeability".

I am afraid that we can't offer any further advice on the potential Personal Injury aspect of the issue.

You could also re-contact her G.P. and update them and ask if they could re-contact ATOS to make them aware of the situation, and/or you could ask one of the Doctors in the hospital whether they could contact ATOS as well.

Good luck and please keep us updated !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.