× Members

PIP claim.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152894 by Mathew
PIP claim. was created by Mathew
Hi there,

PIP2 all completed to the best of my abilities using your excellent guide and a local advice service. My form has been confirmed as received by the DWP via text on the 2nd of March.

Now here's the problem a very close relative has since been admitted to hospital and is very seriously ill, with a very bleak prognosis and I'm their next of kin. My question is what are my rights as far as my claim, in the instance of a bereavement?

Many thanks Mat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152909 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP claim.
Hi Mathew

so sorry to hear of your relative's ill health. Awful for you to have to deal with this as well as everything else.

I'm a little bit confused at to why you feel your rights will be changed in the event of a bereavement; are you concerned that you be invited to interview and not be able to attend, or is there some other reason? If it is a face to face you are worried about, you are allowed to cancel/change one appointment, and if you explain why there shouldn't be much of a problem there?

If you're concerned that any inheritance might affect your award, then I think you would have to speak with a solicitor about this - probate etc can be a lengthy and complicated business, so I can understand this perhaps being an issue. I'm not completely clear on how your savings etc can affect PIP (I believe that it has no effect bit I could very easily be wrong - please check). Please don't be offended at my mentioning this - as I say I am not clear what exactly your concerns are.

Please contact us again if I haven't given you the information you need - there are other Mods here who will be much more experienced in dealing with a wider range of problems than I am and I am sure someone will be able to reassure you.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152911 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic PIP claim.
Thanks Shelam,
My Question is more to do with the face to face falling on a day when either, I won't be able to attend because of having to be at the hospital during their final hours or it falling on the day of the funeral.

I have very restricted mobility and am concerned about being offered a first choice interview at somewhere inaccessible and having to turn it down, and my second being on the days previously mentioned. And going on how skewed against the applicant this whole process is, would they really be so nasty as to disallow my claim for a non attendance for these reasons. Thanks for all your concerns and your advice.

Many Thanks.
Mat.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.