× Members

Atos medical in highland area Scotland.

• Stuart
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #152904 by Stuart
Having now gone through the assessment by an Atos professional, so I have to now wait for the DWP to decide on my application for PIP. I do not understand why Atos have not contacted my GP to obtain up to date information, along with CT scans and X-Rays of the damage to my spine from the accident, or to obtain the MRI scans on the other serious conditions I have. The DWP contacted my GP in the past, so it would surely make sense to do so again. I have been told it can take about six weeks for the DWP to let me know the outcome for my application, so I can only hope they do the right thing and award me the full amount. It is very worrying not knowing what the outcome will be, and if they give the worst possible answer, I do not know what my wife and I will do, exempt appeal if the outcome goes against us. I get very little sleep as it is due to pain, with this hanging over our heads I am sleeping even less.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152908 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Atos medical in highland area Scotland.
Hi Stuart

Sorry you are left waiting and worrying.

Sometimes Atos don't contact your GP; sometimes they do and the GP doesn't respond quickly enough so they proceed without GP input.

At the moment all you can really do is wait and see what award you are given and take it from there; if the award isn't what you want or expect then are within your rights to request mandatory reconsideration (within a month of receiving your award letter). You can then request a copy of the assessment form and see what information your award was based on, and where your points were awarded. Look carefully at the assessment form and see where you disagree with their findings, and make a careful note of all the discrepancies and send this list along with your request for reconsideration. At this time you could also enclose supportive info from your doctor or consultant. - and at least then someone will have to look at the evidence you enclose.

You should be informed fairly quickly if the decision maker can change your award; if he can't change the award then you will have to go to appeal.

In the meantime, if your worries are financial as well as physical you can approach the various help agencies - CAB, Turn2Us etc for advice about your entitlement to various benefits.

I'm sorry not to be able to give you definite information - until you have been advised of your award, it's impossible to deal in anything other than general terms. I do hope you have success with your claim. If we can help in the future, please email us back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.