× Members

Esa f2f assessment.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142883 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Esa f2f assessment.
The DWP are not in the business of making it easy for claimants.

Unfortunately a fresh application does seem to be your only avenue. It is grossly unfair but it obviously saves them backdated benefit so its a win for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142993 by stephbryan58
Replied by stephbryan58 on topic Esa f2f assessment.
I have requested a statement of reasons as a precaution but i have also contacted dwp detailing the changes in my condition/health with a view of making a fresh clain

I then begin a waiting game again.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153002 by stephbryan58
Replied by stephbryan58 on topic Esa f2f assessment.
I was placed in the wrag group in May 2015 after being assessed on severe depression, anxiety and OA but due to being diagnosed with chronic sciatica, a damaged xoxzit plus fibromylgia in August 15 and being awarded standard care and enhanced mobility in PIP in August (back dated to June 15) I was told by dwp that i had to submit a fresh application which i did following your guidance notes and was therefore very detailed.

My esa assessment was originally in Feb but they cancelled it after making me wait an hour when they realised that assessor was the same one whose decision i appealed.

My appointment was rearranged for 2nd March which i attended with my sister who is also my carer. On arrival, the receptionist became very flustered when i gave my name. This time i was only kept waiting 45 mins. Once in the ass rm, the assessor gave her name but didnt ask who was with me but instead seemed stressed and her first words were, we have a lot to get thru and not a lot of time. This was a shock but no worse than the rest. Although it lasted 1.5 hrs, the whole atmosphere was rushed, lots of pressure. She admitted no papers had been read as part was ineligible and 'nobody reads them anyway, dwp are only interested in report and i had written far too much that nobody would have the time to read it anyway. She constantly said a lot to get thru, made personal comments about herself, told my sister she wasnt helping me by being there, told her she couldnt class her as my carer as she didt wash me! Asked me a questions but constantly cut me off whe i replied, Refused me a break when it was clear i was exhausted and on it went. The whole procees was one of being bullied and pressuried to hurry up and eventually reduced me to tears.. When i checked my phone later, i picked up a vm from the office which had been left at 10.10, 1 hr & 30 mins before my assessment. When calling them later I was told it had been their intention to cancel me as the assessor was running late and because i had turned up my assessor had had to go without her lunch!

It was a very difficult assessment, more relevant to pip than esa too and to be honest i am dreading the outcome.

Should i report it.

Sorry for rambling.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153029 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa f2f assessment.
Stephbryan

It's up to you but you might want to wait until a Decision is made and you have seen the assessment report (you'll need to request this from the DWP).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153031 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa f2f assessment.

Stephbryan wrote: I was placed in the wrag group in May 2015 after being assessed on severe depression, anxiety and OA but due to being diagnosed with chronic sciatica, a damaged xoxzit plus fibromylgia in August 15 and being awarded standard care and enhanced mobility in PIP in August (back dated to June 15) I was told by dwp that i had to submit a fresh application which i did following your guidance notes and was therefore very detailed.

My esa assessment was originally in Feb but they cancelled it after making me wait an hour when they realised that assessor was the same one whose decision i appealed.

My appointment was rearranged for 2nd March which i attended with my sister who is also my carer. On arrival, the receptionist became very flustered when i gave my name. This time i was only kept waiting 45 mins. Once in the ass rm, the assessor gave her name but didnt ask who was with me but instead seemed stressed and her first words were, we have a lot to get thru and not a lot of time. This was a shock but no worse than the rest. Although it lasted 1.5 hrs, the whole atmosphere was rushed, lots of pressure. She admitted no papers had been read as part was ineligible and 'nobody reads them anyway, dwp are only interested in report and i had written far too much that nobody would have the time to read it anyway. She constantly said a lot to get thru, made personal comments about herself, told my sister she wasnt helping me by being there, told her she couldnt class her as my carer as she didt wash me! Asked me a questions but constantly cut me off whe i replied, Refused me a break when it was clear i was exhausted and on it went. The whole procees was one of being bullied and pressuried to hurry up and eventually reduced me to tears.. When i checked my phone later, i picked up a vm from the office which had been left at 10.10, 1 hr & 30 mins before my assessment. When calling them later I was told it had been their intention to cancel me as the assessor was running late and because i had turned up my assessor had had to go without her lunch!

It was a very difficult assessment, more relevant to pip than esa too and to be honest i am dreading the outcome.

Should i report it.

Sorry for rambling.

Hi Sb,

I will merge this topic with your other ESA related topics for continuity !

As a separate issue to requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of an adverse decision, which you will obviously not be considering until you receive your ESA Decision Notice letter from DWP, you can complain to : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

If you feel that you were treated particularly badly, you could also involve your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

Please keep us updated ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.