× Members

Reassessment rejected

More
8 years 1 month ago #153111 by Michelle
Reassessment rejected was created by Michelle
Hi, I applied for P.I.P in November, (as my DLA was being transferred).I had a home visit assessment by Capita, and a few weeks later received the letter to say I had scored zero points, and was not entitled to PIP.

I sent a reassessment request, and have received basically the same letter as the first one, zero points, not entitled to PIP blah blah blah.

My case has not been helped by the fact that I have no input from any Mental Health Service, (I have been trying for months to get some help/support, each time I either don't fit the right criteria, or I am told there is nothing. (I have e-mail documentation to support this)

I just wondered what your thoughts were? Do I appeal, even though I have no outside help, or do I just make a fresh claim later on?

I wish I had started my claim with the help of this site :(

Advice would be most welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153128 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Reassessment rejected
Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you are going through this, it is probably of little help to know that you are not alone! Please try not to be disheartened by the failure of the MR, it is rare for the DWP to do anything other than 'rubber stamp' the original decision.

Unfortunately, the whole purpose of PIP is the reduce the welfare bill and the criteria are quite tough. It is not unusual for people who were, quite correctly, claiming DLA to, also correctly, fail to be awarded PIP :( I suggest that you have a look at our PIP guides and work out how/where you think you should have scored points. If you think you can make a good case then appealing will be your next step. You must request this within one month of the date on the decision letter.

You can also reapply - you can do this as well as appealing if you wish. However, I need to warn you that the decision on the new claim would limit the term of any tribunal award. To give an extreme example, if the appeal tribunal gave you enhanced rates of both PIP components but the decision on the new claim was 'no award', the PIP that the tribunal awarded you would stop at the date of the new decision (which would also be subject to MR and appeal!).

PIP help for claimants

If/when you have further questions or comments about your PIP claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.