× Members

ESA wrag to support group

More
8 years 1 month ago #153135 by licolin3
ESA wrag to support group was created by licolin3
I am in the ESA wrag group, but have just been awarded enhanced daily living PIP - I was wondering how I go about requesting moving to the ESA support group, would this mean a new ESA claim?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA wrag to support group

licolin3 wrote: I am in the ESA wrag group, but have just been awarded enhanced daily living PIP - I was wondering how I go about requesting moving to the ESA support group, would this mean a new ESA claim?

To be placed in the Support Group you need to meet one or more of the SG criteria. So the first thing to do is to check whether this is the case or not. I'm afraid your receiving an Enhanced Daily Living may suggest that your conditions are serious, but you may have qualified for reasons that ESA does not consider! See the ESA Claim Guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you think you meet the criteria then you have two options;

If you think that the Decision that placed you in the WRAG was wrong and that you met the SG criteria at that time and it has been less than 13 months since that Decision then you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration. See the ESA Appeal guide for more information.

If you don't think that you met the SG criteria when placed in the WRAG or it has been more than 13 months then you can request a re-assessment of your claim due to a deteriorated condition. You need to make the request in writing to the DWP office that normally deals with your claim. This will result in a full review of your claim, a new ESA50 and likely a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.