× Members

South West PIP home assessment by ATOS

More
8 years 1 month ago #153153 by Tnuctip
ATOS Face-to-Face at home today. Appointment letter dated 28 Feb, for 8 March assessment. A bit of a calendar squeeze.
Assessor (nurse) phoned 1 hour before appointment time, asking to come earlier.We wanted to record procedures but it was not allowed. We were given the option to re-book assessment with an acceptable official recording , but decided to proceed at home, rather than be assessed in an office.
Assessment took 75 minutes, and seemed mostly neutral. Anecdotal miracle cures for migraines (via ear piercing and home-Oxygen supply) mentioned. Also 'life-changing' idea to boil vegetables in a chip-pan basket = cooking. A few 'we'll come back to that later' that I'm not sure were covered properly.
A major concern about the process is that my report will be fully completed at the assessor's home today. My appointment was between 12 and 2, so I assume there was a morning slot that finished early. I am now worried about how the rest of today's assessments will affect my final report. Assessor is not local. She said she is part of a team brought in to clear a log-jam of Bristol cases. I'm trying not to think of it as a 'Hit Squad'. Official estimate for decision is 6-8 weeks after report is submitted to decision maker.
Hope this is of some use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153156 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic South West PIP home assessment by ATOS
Tnuctip

Thanks for reporting how your assessment went.

Our estimate for a Decision is 3-5 weeks, but may be quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153162 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic South West PIP home assessment by ATOS
Hi

I presume you mean 3 to 5 weeks !!!!

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153163 by

pusscatsmum wrote: Hi

I presume you mean 3 to 5 weeks !!!!

Hi pcm,

Yes, now corrected !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #153169 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic South West PIP home assessment by ATOS
Phew when it said 305 weeks, I knew they were slow but !!!!!
haa haa

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.