× Members

Waiting time after IB medical

• Freddy 13
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153321 by Freddy 13
Waiting time after IB medical was created by Freddy 13
Hi Guys

I had my IB medical Assessment on the 8/03/16 could you please tell me on average how long you have to wait for the decision

I was only asked a few questions and was told they had all the information they needed with out me having a physical examination is this normal

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153334 by
Replied by on topic Waiting time after IB medical

Freddy 13 wrote: Hi Guys

I had my IB medical Assessment on the 8/03/16 could you please tell me on average how long you have to wait for the decision

I was only asked a few questions and was told they had all the information they needed with out me having a physical examination is this normal

Thanks

Hi F13,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I gather that you are being transferred from Incapacity Benefit (IB) to ESA as IB is now a defunct benefit and this face to face was to see whether you can qualify for ESA !!!

ESA decisions can take 2-4 weeks after the face to face assessment.

You could give ESA a ring in a week or so for an update, and whilst on the phone you could also request a copy of The ESA85 Medical Report which would have been compiled by The Assessor at your face to face and sent to The DWP ESA DM who makes the final decision :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

ESA face to face assessments are more of a Q & A session rather than a physical exam "Medical".

In the mean time have a read through the following :

ESA Claims Guides

ESA FAQ’s

&

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

Please keep us updated !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Freddy 13
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153567 by Freddy 13
Replied by Freddy 13 on topic Waiting time after IB medical
Thanks a lot bro458 I will do

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.