× Members

ESA & PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #153325 by Shaky
ESA & PIP was created by Shaky
I am wishing to initiate a claim for ESA and PIP.why do I have to contact them seperately Can't i just start the claim for ESA and then automatically have initiated PIP as they are both delt with by DWP?? So won't they just make a link from my ESA claim to complete a PIP one?
Surely once I have claimed for ESA they can see that I so don't DWP just cross reference the two?

P.S sorry if this is a silly question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153337 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA & PIP
Hi Shaky,

I'm sorry, ESA and PIP are administered by separate departments and have to be claimed independently. In addition to this, whilst there is some crossover, the qualifying criteria for both are different. For instance, it is perfectly possible to claim high rate DLA/PIP yet work full time. DWP might look at the paperwork they already have about you but you should certainly not rely on this - you need to provide full information and evidence for each claim.

PIP help for claimants

ESA claims and appeals

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaky

More
8 years 2 months ago #153357 by Shaky
Replied by Shaky on topic ESA & PIP
Are you aware of what sort of information does crossover? To ensure when claiming they don't make mistakes.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153409 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA & PIP

Shaky wrote: Are you aware of what sort of information does crossover? To ensure when claiming they don't make mistakes.

I'd have to go through the two guides to provide a definite list but there are some obvious crossovers.

ESA Mobility and PIP Moving Around - although ESA includes a wheelchair and the distances are different.

ESA Going Out and PIP Going Out - both deal with the claimant leaving the house but have different emphasis.

ESA Continence and PIP continence - ESA looks at very specific circumstances PIP looks at a broader set of issues

ESA Standing and Sitting would have relevance to PIP Preparing Food, Washing and Bathing and perhaps Dressing and Undressing.

ESA Dexterity would have relevance to PIP Preparing Food, Washing and Bathing and Dressing and Undressing.

Both have Descriptors for Hearing and Sight issues but again have slightly different criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Shaky

More
8 years 1 month ago #154873 by Shaky
Replied by Shaky on topic ESA & PIP
Thank you!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris