× Members

pip medical

More
8 years 1 month ago #153939 by Clifford65
Replied by Clifford65 on topic pip medical
Just had my p.i.p result letter through .. I got awarded enhanced rate on mobility and enhanced rate on daily living .. Great result considering I'm on low rate care on dla with no mobility .. This is awarded for the next 10 years .. The only thing that annoys me is that p.i.p payments will start in May ..so until then I will still get low rate dla ... No backdates to when I filled in p.i.p forms ..just don't fair really ...that's it rant over lol ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153973 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip medical

Clifford65 wrote: Just had my p.i.p result letter through .. I got awarded enhanced rate on mobility and enhanced rate on daily living .. Great result considering I'm on low rate care on dla with no mobility .. This is awarded for the next 10 years .. The only thing that annoys me is that p.i.p payments will start in May ..so until then I will still get low rate dla ... No backdates to when I filled in p.i.p forms ..just don't fair really ...that's it rant over lol ...

Congratulations on the award :)

Have they explained why it won't be put into effect until May? I would have expected April.

I'm afraid the PIP legislation does not allow for back payment when the claimant has an existing DLA award in place, there is no way around this.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154232 by Clifford65
After thoroughly reading my award letter ..I'm confused for how long it is awarded for .. It says "we'll contact you after 24th February 2026 to make sure your receiving the right level of personal independence payment ". ... But then further on under the decision makers reasoning it says " although the help you need may change , I have decided not to review your award before 24th February 2019 " ...so I have two different dates which one should I go by ..not sure where they got the date of 24th February from as my p.i.p award starts 13th Aprill 2016 after the 4 weeks of dla ..

More
8 years 1 month ago #154236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip medical

Clifford65 wrote: After thoroughly reading my award letter ..I'm confused for how long it is awarded for .. It says "we'll contact you after 24th February 2026 to make sure your receiving the right level of personal independence payment ". ... But then further on under the decision makers reasoning it says " although the help you need may change , I have decided not to review your award before 24th February 2019 " ...so I have two different dates which one should I go by ..not sure where they got the date of 24th February from as my p.i.p award starts 13th Aprill 2016 after the 4 weeks of dla ..

I would think it is the 2019 date although I would actually expect a re-assessment in 2018. All I can suggest is that you contact the DWP to clarify what date is being used.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clifford65

More
8 years 1 month ago #154428 by Clifford65
Just had it clarified p.i.p. Award is till 2019 ..just wondered if it's worth appealing on this issue ...I was on dla previously ...just low rate care but on lifetime award ...3 years does not seem long ...considering my medical condition is a progressive condition so will only get worse ...can the award be appealed on if you don't agree with the length given ...if it can would I still receive my p.i.p award that they have agreed to while its looked at again ..or would they just stop payments till they make another decision ...

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154454 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip medical

Clifford65 wrote: Just had it clarified p.i.p. Award is till 2019 ..just wondered if it's worth appealing on this issue ...I was on dla previously ...just low rate care but on lifetime award ...3 years does not seem long ...considering my medical condition is a progressive condition so will only get worse ...can the award be appealed on if you don't agree with the length given ...if it can would I still receive my p.i.p award that they have agreed to while its looked at again ..or would they just stop payments till they make another decision ...

Hi C65,

Yes, you would continue to receive your current level of PIP awards whilst any MR or subsequent appeal was ongoing.

See ; This Topic which should answer your query.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.