× Members

Can IB Xperia to sea be changed to a new claim?

More
8 years 1 month ago #153693 by Gordon

freddyfish wrote: ...so I can only think that somewhere on their system it says I am in the WRAG. Hope they sort it out. I am very anxious about it. OK Thanks again for your help.

Your being in the WRAG or the Support Group has nothing to do with the request for your pension information, both Income Related ESA and Contribution Based ESA are affected by any pension income that you have, that is why the information has been requested.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153712 by freddyfish
Replied by freddyfish on topic Can IB Xperia to sea be changed to a new claim?
Hi again Gordon, re this new claim status, I think the DWP may say that because the IB claim was awarded on mental health issues only from 94 to 2013 and the xfer to ESA support awarded on physical grounds only since then it is a new claim and subject to 2012 rules where my pension will be considered in making the allowance.
Sneaky though as the decision maker stated that it was pointless even looking at my mental healthor other conditions as I was in the support for walking difficulties ( I have severe spinal stenosis) but they did not state that by doing that I would lose the benefit because of my occupational pension being brought into play. So I await their reply with interest as if I had had the correct info when the decsion maker did this I would have appealed to have my other conditions assessed and asked for them to look at mental health. after all I put all the reports etc in there and have had the condition for 20 years with little respite.
How one would go about going to appeal re this strange situation I do not know or where I would be re wrag interviews atc as essentially I am in the support group but not for all the reasons on my form. Do you understand what I am getting at. Not sure I understand it myself.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153713 by Gordon
freddyfish

The reasons you were awarded ESA have nothing to do with the request for your pension information!

As I explained in an earlier post, although this is a new claim for ESA any entitlement you had under IB for your pension to be disregarded will have been carried forward to your ESA claim.

Record keeping under IB was appalling and many members in the same situation as you have had to provide this information.

Entry to the Support Group is based on a claimant at least one of the associated Descriptors, it is common (albeit frustrating) practice for no further investigations to be done once the claimant has met one of the SG Descriptors.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.