× Members

Pip enhanced daily living /housing benefit

• Pricerightrepairs
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #153500 by Pricerightrepairs
Pip enhanced daily living /housing benefit was created by Pricerightrepairs
hi my brother is 48 and been DLA for 8 yrs he gets 55.00 weekly and 250.00 every 2 weeks on dla .im his carer i get 62 aweek and around 80 every 2 weeks. he got pip claim form and we filled it in then received a date for a home assessment for pip.that was 4weeks ago.today we received the DWP letter he has got enhanced daily living component and mobility which is good news we keep his car .the letter showing the points he been awarded shows he got 17points I struggling to follow if he loses any benefits or not. I got another issue with local council .me and my brother lived in private rented flat until December myself and Mick were joint Tennant's with £0 rent to pay.when local council offered us 1 property only we didn't think we had a choice to refuse it .so on the day of signing for the house I received a call from council saying they could not have my disabled brother on the tenancy agreement. I asked if that would affect us she said d NO.Now 3 months on the council keep sending bills for rent .the rent is 85.00 pw housing benefit only cover 55.00 of that with 15 weeks at 30.00 to find ..I know they Have been very sly and I feel this is wrong .I read on here that pip enhanced daily living component means we are not liable for non dependants charges?is this right and if so what is the best way to deal with council as they not wanting to remove the non dependent charges .I hope this makes sense as someone who's knows about this subject can help I give all info if any missing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153529 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip enhanced daily living /housing benefit
Hi John and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The enhanced daily living component of PIP will pay £82.30 per week, the mobility component will continue to be paid to Motability for the car.

The CA criteria have not changed so you should continue to receive this as long as your circumstances have not changed (ie you are still earning and/or working less than the allowed limit).

I'm afraid we do not specifically deal with tenancy/council issues.I wonder if the problem is that you are now the lead (only?) tenant named on the lease? Shelter can be very helpful in these situations or your LA should have an advisor.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all posts relating to your brother's PIP here in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

• Pricerightrepairs
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #153564 by Pricerightrepairs
Replied by Pricerightrepairs on topic Pip enhanced daily living /housing benefit
yes i know im the only name on the tennancy agreement ,they SAID it wouldt affect me or my brother and i went along with it .now they want 30.00 x 15 weeks i feel they have treated us unfairly. i will check with shelter thanks but i want the council to change it to a joint tennancy and remove the fees..on pip daily living enhanced rate i read that it " If
you are awarded PIP daily living component then there will be no non dependentdeduction for any family member living in your household" but is this fact

More
8 years 1 month ago #153577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip enhanced daily living /housing benefit

Jlang44 wrote: yes i know im the only name on the tennancy agreement ,they SAID it wouldt affect me or my brother and i went along with it .now they want 30.00 x 15 weeks i feel they have treated us unfairly. i will check with shelter thanks but i want the council to change it to a joint tennancy and remove the fees..on pip daily living enhanced rate i read that it " If
you are awarded PIP daily living component then there will be no non dependentdeduction for any family member living in your household" but is this fact

I'm afraid this is not an area of benefits that we cover on the forum, you need to get face to face advice, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.