× Members

PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT

• mandi
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153517 by mandi
PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT was created by mandi
:( Hello

I have my renewal assessment for PIP next week and the very thought of it is making me ill. The original assessment I had was bad enough from what I can remember!

My social worker can't take me, but is sending a support worker to take me. This is bad enough as I've never met her and she knows nothing about me. I have a carer who will be with me at home before I go, but unfortunately can't accompany that day.

Help, what do I do? What do I take? I sent everything I have off with my renewal paperwork. I feel so anxious that I fear I'll have a heart attack at any moment. Should I ask my dr for a letter to take along?

Any positive comments would be lovely indeed.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153542 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT
Hi Mandi,

If you have sent everything off already then there is nothing else you need to take with you for the f2f assessment!

If your GP is willing to write a letter of support then by all means take that along with you. If you think you will be too upset to think clearly you can take a copy of the PIP2 form along to refer to - but you should explain why you are doing this before you start.

I hope the assessment goes well and your anxiety proves to be unfounded :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153544 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT
Mandi

If you have completed the PIP2 and provided evidence to support what you have said then there is nothing you need to take with you, however, you if I was you I would take your "file" with you so that if you need to refer to anything, then you can.

If you are concerned about the support worker then ask your Social Worker to arrange a phone call so you can at least have a quick chat before the interview.

I can't hide the fact that the interview will be difficult and will make you anxious, the important thing to keep at the back of your mind is that this is a necessary step in your re-assessment, but it will only last an hour or so and then it will be over.

Best of luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

• mandi
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153560 by mandi
Replied by mandi on topic PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT
Hello Gordon

Thank you for your advice. I've just phoned my GP, but as my appointment is 9am Wednesday, the secretary said it is too late to do a letter now. I didn't keep a copy of anything I sent, ATOS or DWP have everything - I didn't think.

Regards Mandi

• mandi
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153561 by mandi
Replied by mandi on topic PIP RENEWAL ASSESSMENT
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.