× Members

DLA in less than a week!

More
8 years 2 months ago #152059 by superstottie
DLA in less than a week! was created by superstottie
I called and requested a DLA form for my child as thought it was backdated to the date you call and ask for it. I know I called on 03/02/16, and have even checked my phone bill, but the form has come with the 11/02/16 stamped on it. Has anyone else has this happen? This s on top of the fact that I originally called on 08/01/16 but that form never arrived.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA in less than a week!

superstottie wrote: I called and requested a DLA form for my child as thought it was backdated to the date you call and ask for it. I know I called on 03/02/16, and have even checked my phone bill, but the form has come with the 11/02/16 stamped on it. Has anyone else has this happen? This s on top of the fact that I originally called on 08/01/16 but that form never arrived.

My understanding is that the date should be when you made the request, it's a matter that you will have to raise with the DWP, especially if you want it dated your first call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153614 by superstottie
Replied by superstottie on topic DLA in less than a week!
Just wanted to say thanks to this fab site for the excellent guides - posted form on 1st March and decision was made on 8th that daughter entitled to MRC and LRM - not sure how long for yet etc as not got letter, but money landed in my bank today so rang them up to check it wasn't a mistake as hadn't even had a confirmation that they received the form. The guides made it so easy to work out what to put in each of the dreaded boxes, as well as lots of really good advice about the process in general. Cannot thank you enough - well worth the money!

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153629 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA in less than a week!

superstottie wrote: Just wanted to say thanks to this fab site for the excellent guides - posted form on 1st March and decision was made on 8th that daughter entitled to MRC and LRM - not sure how long for yet etc as not got letter, but money landed in my bank today so rang them up to check it wasn't a mistake as hadn't even had a confirmation that they received the form. The guides made it so easy to work out what to put in each of the dreaded boxes, as well as lots of really good advice about the process in general. Cannot thank you enough - well worth the money!

Hi ss,

Congratulations on your daughter's DLA awards !!! :cheer:

My, that was quick !!!!

I see from your previous topic (which I will merge with this one) that your daughter is still classed as a child.

That being the case, she will continue to receive DLA as long as she continues to qualify until she reaches 16.

At that time she will be invited to transfer over to PIP.

When you receive the Decision Notice letter it should stipulate the length of the award !

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding B&W !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.