× Members

Medicine query re supervision time

More
8 years 1 month ago #153616 by Rowena
Medicine query re supervision time was created by Rowena
Could somebody please clarify. When it says supervision for medicine, say, 14 hours per week etc. Does this mean that overall somebody is supervising you during the day to make sure you take the correct dose of medicine and that you remember to take it. I'm just trying to clarify whether they mean somebody who is bedridden and needs supervision every minute of the day for equipment/medicine et cetera. My husband supervises my medication, which I take four times per day. However the nature of the meds means I get confused & I can't remember whether I've taken them or not. In the past, even though I have a Dosette box, I am convinced I have taken medicine when in fact I have not and only discover it later when the pain gets really bad. Consequently, the doctor suggested that my husband take over my medication requirements. Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153717 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medicine query re supervision time

Cobhireland wrote: Could somebody please clarify. When it says supervision for medicine, say, 14 hours per week etc. Does this mean that overall somebody is supervising you during the day to make sure you take the correct dose of medicine and that you remember to take it. I'm just trying to clarify whether they mean somebody who is bedridden and needs supervision every minute of the day for equipment/medicine et cetera. My husband supervises my medication, which I take four times per day. However the nature of the meds means I get confused & I can't remember whether I've taken them or not. In the past, even though I have a Dosette box, I am convinced I have taken medicine when in fact I have not and only discover it later when the pain gets really bad. Consequently, the doctor suggested that my husband take over my medication requirements. Many thanks in advance for any replies.

It does but only the time when you actually take your medicines would count towards the total, so if you took tablets 4 times a day, and each time it took five minutes for you to take them then this would total 20 minutes a day or 140 minutes a week (2 hours 20 minutes).

You also need to explain why you cannot do this yourself and need supervision, in particular why aids such as an alarm would not allow to manage this on your own.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.