× Members

ESA support group and pension received f

More
8 years 1 month ago #153665 by bettinapizer
ESA support group and pension received f was created by bettinapizer
Hello. I am currently in ESA support group after successfully battling DWP with your help in the past.
I have received a strange letter today from DWP asking about my occupational pension. Here are my queries:-
1. I don't receive any occupational pension but do receive a small amount monthly from my late husband's occupational pension as his widow.
2. I am on contribution based ESA in support group and was under impression that this is not means tested.
3. Is it right that they should be insisting on details of my late husband's pension payments to me and threatening that these will affect my ESA entitlements?

Many thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153725 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group and pension received f

beepeez wrote: Hello. I am currently in ESA support group after successfully battling DWP with your help in the past.
I have received a strange letter today from DWP asking about my occupational pension. Here are my queries:-
1. I don't receive any occupational pension but do receive a small amount monthly from my late husband's occupational pension as his widow.
2. I am on contribution based ESA in support group and was under impression that this is not means tested.
3. Is it right that they should be insisting on details of my late husband's pension payments to me and threatening that these will affect my ESA entitlements?

Many thanks for any help.

Even though ESA(CB) is said to not be means tested, pension income can affect the amount of benefit your receive.

There is an £85/week disregard follows by a £1/week deduction for every £2/week of pension in excess of the £85.

Although the pension was originally your husbands and would not have counted against your ESA(CB) as it is now you who are receiving it I would expect it to now affect your payments.

You must provide details of the pension as requested or you risk your ESA being suspended until you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bettinapizer

More
8 years 1 month ago #153750 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA support group and pension received f
Hiya,

Yes you now receive this letter each year giving you 2 weeks to respond.

However they are stupidly sending this letter out a month before your pension provider sends you the annual statement.

( This is just the same as it comes from your late husbands provider)

We too have received ours.

It is imperative you phone them and explain that the annual statement has as yet not arrived, but you will send them a copy once it does arrive.

Send the DWP a letter confirming this and what the DWP said over the phone, recorded delivery.

Then contact your pension provider to motivate them to send it out quickly, you can explain why you urgently need it and get it logged.

Paper trail thru out so not to get an ESA Suspension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bettinapizer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.